Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Ohioan

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 11:41 PM

Bikes: Panasonic 2000 (old 12 spd)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ohioan

I've been biking since I was 6, so that is almost 50 years. I'm riding an 27 year old Panasonic 2000 12-speed with a chrome-moly frame with a few thousand miles on it. There was a time when I could do century rides back to back (1987 miles in 16 days with 32-mile day thrown in) but I have only recently gotten back to it semi-seriously. When my wife married me she made me promise not to require her to ride with me as I had just completed a 1000 miler that included the Blue Ridge Pkwy. My son let me drag him up the Natchez Trace Pkwy when he was 14 and now 8 years later he bikes on his own. I spent almost 30 years in the Highway Patrol and of all things rode up on a fatal crash yesterday just before I got home. Hmmm.

The bike forum has some interesting topics. Considering a cross country thing once again, but we'll see. I have noticed we still have people out there who don't think we should be on the highway by reading others' accounts and by the bottle that hit me from behind yesterday afternoon. Things never seem to change.

Happy to be back. Ain't the internet neat?!

mike
Old 07-03-07, 12:51 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hello Mike, we urgently need you to stop messing with the A & S folks and post some photos of your Panasonic in the Classic & Vintage forum.

THEN you can go back to A & S. It's great to have a former HP with us as we always have questions about legal stuff in A & S and it's good to get the law enforcement view.

I'll be looking forward to reading more posts from you!

Welcome to BF!

East Hill