Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

CCM Targa

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CCM Targa

So as me and a friend are riding through the local trails in the woods with our mountain bikes we stumble upon a bike in the stream that goes though the woods we can see the front tire sticking out. So we proceed to pull it out to have a better look at what it is. It is a blue CCM Targa, very clearly labeled, breaks work, gears should work but couldn't test because the chain was broken but the cables seemed fine, still has orignal double kick stand and everything, both tires were even full with air!!!!! Only real problem i saw with it was that the front wheel was a bit bent which shouldn't be to hard to replace/fix.

We left it there on the note of we didn't know if it was worth anything? How much if fixed up could this be sold for? Worth bringing back to my place and fixing it up? Any information is welcome!
Old 07-04-07, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not really worth anything IMO. The Targa was a entry level basic 10 speed, pretty much all steel 30lb bike. I saw one infact a few weeks ago in front of someones house with a "Free" sign on it.
Old 07-04-07, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
+1. The targa was the entry level CCM lightweight. During the boom it sold for under $100 CDN. Considering it has been sitting, submerged in a stream, it will probably cost you more than you will get.