Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Aero Tech Bibs, you talked me into it.

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 04:53 PM
Huge Memeber

Bikes: Gary Fisher Cobia, Lemond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, after all I have heard about bibs being the best thing since clipless pedals, I went ahead and ordered a set from AeroTechDesigns. I can't wait for them to get here so I can see how great they are. The only thing I have is a less expensive pair of shorts with a so so pad. Much better than nothing, but not high quality. I am guessing that one ride on the new bibs and I will order more.

So what is your favorite brand of shorts or bibs?

What about Jerseys, what your favorite?
Old 07-08-07, 05:03 PM

Bikes: specialized hardrock, dyno vfr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i got a pair of aerotech mountain bike shorts in the mail!! i can't wait
Old 07-08-07, 05:04 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Aerotech and Sugoi for shorts/ Bibs/ Tights

Aerotech and Voler for Jerseys

Underarmor for compression shirts under the jerseys

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 07-08-07, 05:07 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by fifthcircle
Well, after all I have heard about bibs being the best thing since clipless pedals, I went ahead and ordered a set from AeroTechDesigns. I can't wait for them to get here so I can see how great they are. The only thing I have is a less expensive pair of shorts with a so so pad. Much better than nothing, but not high quality. I am guessing that one ride on the new bibs and I will order more.

So what is your favorite brand of shorts or bibs?

What about Jerseys, what your favorite?
Pearl Izumi Ultrasensor bibs. I'm not picky about jerseys, as long as I don't look like a sausage in it.

Old 07-08-07, 05:08 PM
Huge Memeber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why do you wear underarmor with jerseys? Doesn't that take away from the cooling affects of the sweat wicking material being against your skin?
Old 07-08-07, 05:11 PM
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Underarmor brand wicking, and the wicking of the jerseys as well. It works for me....

Otherwise, I burn right through the jersey. If the UV is really high I need long sleeves as well, because of Sun Allergy. I break out in a sun rash and the only other option I have is to ride exclusively at night.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 07-08-07, 05:17 PM
Huge Memeber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Underarmor brand wicking, and the wicking of the jerseys as well. It works for me....

Otherwise, I burn right through the jersey. If the UV is really high I need long sleeves as well, because of Sun Allergy. I break out in a sun rash and the only other option I have is to ride exclusively at night.

That sucks! Glad it works for you though. With the temps almost hitting 100*F today, the riding only at night doesn't sound like a bad otion
Old 07-08-07, 05:35 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Why do you wear underarmor with jerseys? Doesn't that take away from the cooling affects of the sweat wicking material being against your skin?
I won't speak for Tom, but I wear compression clothing under my jerseys because of the loose skin I have where my 60 inch waist and larger chest used to be.

Old 07-08-07, 06:41 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,010 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
...the only other option I have is to ride exclusively at night.
Welcome to the world of Vampire Cycling, my favorite time to ride is 9:30 PM to 2 AM. It's quite, calm and cool. It just sucks if I have to call for assistance, cause the Wife does not like phone calls at 1 am.

Old 07-08-07, 09:12 PM

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
That sucks! Glad it works for you though. With the temps almost hitting 100*F today, the riding only at night doesn't sound like a bad otion
Around here we had a really pleasant day weather wise, warm front came trucking through this morning, thunderstorms and heavy rain, the temps then went up to 30℃ (86℉) with enough humidity that it felt more like a sauna 39C (102F), then a cold front came through, not very cold though, but did spawn some Tornadoes, and other nasty stuff, to the North and West, not very cold though, it's still 26℃ (at 11PM!!!), and feels like 35C (95F). This is in the Great White North!!!!!! Let's just say, it was a good day to cancel the idea of a ride, even at night!!!!
Old 07-09-07, 06:03 AM

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
They look tempting. Anyone know how to measure inseam for the bib shorts?

My bands: