Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

need help deciding

Old 07-10-07, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
need help deciding

ok, so as you all know i'm in need of a new bike due to the theft of my trek 7000. it turns out i'll be getting some money this week and i'm trying to narrow down my choices. i can get a trek 7.2 fx for $389 and a kona dew for $399. i have a $25 visa gift card i can use that would bring the prices down to $364 and $375 respectively. i checked out the 7.2 at an lbs tonight and i must say i like it a lot. the shifting was way smoother than the 7000, not to mention it's 24 speed rather than 21 speed. the guy also said the tires were also less likely to puncture when riding over glass or nails. i may go tomorrow morning to the other lbs that has the kona to see what it's like. which would be the better value? i don't know much about kona bikes at all.
Old 07-10-07, 07:03 PM
jimbogregs

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I had a Kona and loved it, they make solid bikes and their background is from making serious mountain bikes built to withstand a direct nuclear blast.

Old 07-10-07, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if i can get myself up in the morning i may go check out the kona