Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

old Dahon - replacing telescopic seatpost?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-07, 06:13 PM

Bikes: Redline 9.2.5, Ross Mt. Whitney, Masi Speciale Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 1 Post

Hello,
I just picked up an old Dahon with a three-speed Sturmey Archer hub. The guy had duct-taped a too-small seatpost into the telescopic seatpost, which wasn't property tightened. I had to hammer it out of the seat tube and it looks bent. I took the bike for a ride this morning with the seat a bit low, but I'd like to replace the telescopic seatpost so I can get a proper position. Do you know if this part will fit?

It looks exactly the same. Or, would I be better going with a single long seatpost? Looking forward to spending more time on this little bike. It will be perfect for when I take the bus to visit my girlfriend so I can spend $2.50 on the bus instead of $8.50 on gas.
Old 07-15-07, 08:03 PM
Car free since 1995

Bikes: M5 Carbon High Racer, Trek Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Ask Thor at https://www.thorusa.com/ He can hook you up with a new seatpost as well.

Otherwise, you'll have to measure to make sure. Should work, but they might have changed the specs. If you are the right height, you may be able to get a non-telescoping seatpost, which will be stronger and lighter.