Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New mileage limits from Toledo, OH

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm now in my early 50's and am riding more than ever before. I started riding an old Schwinn Varsity too many years ago but mostly leasurly mileage. 3 summers ago I started prepping for our local Multiple Sclerosis bike to the Bay that starts near Toledo and finishes in a lake Erie port town, Port clinton. This event is VERY well run and runs 2 days at 75 miles each. I'm now hooked ride about 100 miles a week in season and am planning my first century in 2 weeks.
I'm riding a Giant OCR2 and it sure seems to agree with my road riding and paved trails. I'm about to order a new Brooks saddle (B17) and wonder if anyone has comments for a leather newbie.
Also any basic "must do's" for the upcoming century with regard to advance prep and day of ride?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-18-07, 08:06 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
If you ride the B17 in the century, make certain that your saddle has been broken in first! I have heared that they are exceedingly comfortable when broken in, but the first 100 miles can be downright miserable if not.

Otherwise, basic 'must dos' are simply to get those base miles under your belt, and enjoy!

Welcome to BF!

East Hill
Old 07-19-07, 06:39 AM
bac

Bikes: Too many to list!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kennected
I'm now hooked ride about 100 miles a week in season and am planning my first century in 2 weeks.
Good for you, Ken! It is a very addictive sport, eh? Many welcomes to the forums!

... Brad