Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Friend moving to Illinois

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 07-21-07, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I have a friend moving to the Geneseo, Illinois area and she needs to find a relatively inexpensive bicycle and possibly accessories, etc. Are there any LBSs in that area I could direct her to that would take care of her properly?

Thank You

Rodney
Old 07-21-07, 07:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As an added note, she is just starting as a bicyclist so she would need a shop that would fit her properly and give good advice as well.

Thanks

Rodney
Old 07-21-07, 07:37 AM
Planet Saver

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD-10, Novara Randonee, Raleigh Super Grand Prix, Schwinn Mirada Sport winter beater

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Quad Cities is probably her best bet. There is a big bike club there, she could contact them and ask them for a couple of recommendations. https://www.qcbc.org/ I checked mikebentley.com and found that Geneseo has a bike shop which she should check out: B & B Lawn Equipment & Cyclery 820 S. Chicago St. Geneseo 309-944-2660 (lawn equipment and bikes? an interesting mix) https://www.mikebentley.com/bike/bikeshop.htm
Old 07-21-07, 12:27 PM

Bikes: 2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right in my neighborhood. All of these shops are within 25 minutes drive and all wil treat you well. I will point out my impression of each LBS.

B & B in Genseo carries Trek, Gary Fisher, and a few Haro bikes. Most prices are comparible to On Two wheels, but they vary.

I like On Two Wheels in Davenport on the corner of Kimberly and Eastern. They have a large selection of bikes including Trek, GF, Specialized, and Felt.Ben and Sparkys on Locust and Eastern in Davenport carries Trek, Schwinn, GF, and gives you a small bike shop atmosphere. Healthy Habits in Bettendorf has good customer service, but sells at MSRP regularly. They carry Raleigh, Bianchi, and a few more brands.

Bike and Hike (Giant Dealer) in Rock Island is willing to swap parts out and wheel and deal on prices some.