Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Rasmussen gone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 04:29 PM
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
It had to happen. The more that comes to light about his multiple, systematic "missed" random tests over the past two years, the uglier it gets. His "oops, I forgot" miss? He even lied to his team about where he was!

This was no "oops." It appears that Rasmussen was effectively very sneaky -- right up to the point where people started matching up his story and finding contradictions.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yossarian12
How pissed are Boogie, Dekker, and Menchov now? They rode their tails off the past week for a guy that they gave off the impression they did not like as a teammate (wasn't there a story about Ras wanting to go early in the Alps and being told no, only to go on his own, while Menchov was still the GC hope?). They were probably reconciling themselves to the fact that after two stage wins, the GC title, and possibly the KOM, a big check was coming (491,000 Euros, unless Ras was going to pull an Andy Hampsten and keep it all for himself!).

whoa, what's this tidbit about Andy?

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TitaniuMerlin

What a stunning turn of events! Still, props to Contador for being #2 amidst all these dopers. Maybe the Titanium plate of his helps him out in the long run. Must be lighter then bone.
Next year's technology advantage!
Old 07-25-07, 04:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a MR fan, but that doesn't mean that I disagree with this. I only wish that Rabobank fired him three months ago when he first broke the rule. It shows that they are pretty spineless and will allow their riders to break the rules until they come under fire. I am no longer a Rabo fan.
Old 07-25-07, 04:33 PM
Scottish Canuck in the US

Bikes: Trek 2100, Cervélo Carbon Soloist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still, props to Contador for being #2 amidst all these dopers. Maybe the Titanium plate of his helps him out in the long run. Must be lighter then bone.
The whole shame of this is that you have to suspect that Contador is doping as well. The way he was able to crack the other riders on the climbs only leads you to believe that he is assisted. Plus there are those Fuentes allegations.

Bikes: 1999 Seven Sola, 2004 Bianchi Axis, 2005 Trek Madone 5.2 SL, 2006 Merlin Works CR 3/2.5, 2009 Kona Ute, Spot Acme, 2017 Raleigh Roker Comp, 2016 Specialized Camber Expert 29

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cadel Evans!

For my son, Evan.

Although Cadel climbs like he has tetanus in his arms.

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Six-13 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hampsten kept Giro winnings all to himself. Ask Bobke (or, from where I got it, another 7-11er who runs a tour company and really lets loose on "Hamstring" after a couple of Trappists).
vjp

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I believe that Rasmussen LIVES in Mexico, but wasn't in Mexico as reported during a certain period He was in Italy. It's not like He left Denmark and flew to Italy but thought he was in Mexico.

Lindsay Lohan was in L.A. but thought she was in Mexico to buy some fish tacos...
Old 07-25-07, 04:34 PM
Dog is my copilot.

Bikes: Lemond Maillot Jaune, Specialized Stumpjumper, Kona Jake the Snake, Single-Speed Rigid Rocky Mtn Equipe, Soon-to-be fixed Bianchi Brava

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yossarian12
Hampsten kept Giro winnings all to himself. Ask Bobke (or, from where I got it, another 7-11er who runs a tour company and really lets loose on "Hamstring" after a couple of Trappists).
Bauer perhaps? Heard he can be a bit combatitive...
Old 07-25-07, 04:34 PM
suffering...

Bikes: 2009 Cannondale CAPO, 2004 Look 468SL, CAAD 8, IRO MV, IRO bfssfg, 80's Panasonic x2

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Old 07-25-07, 04:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by serpico7
Have you been watching? No way is Contador clean. His attacks were unreal. Even a doped Chicken could barely hang on.
So does that mean Levi was "sort of" doped?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acathi_cyclist
I am a MR fan, but that doesn't mean that I disagree with this. I only wish that Rabobank fired him three months ago when he first broke the rule. It shows that they are pretty spineless and will allow their riders to break the rules until they come under fire. I am no longer a Rabo fan.
Wait for the facts to come out. Looks like the team is only finding out now that MR was in Italy when he told the team he was in Mexico. If this is the case, the team rightfully got rid of him before the race was over. I am not saying this is good for the team or the sponsors, but better than what would happen if this came out after he won. Look what happened to Phonak after the Floyd mess. You cannot blame them for trying to keep their team and sponsorship together.
Tour de france is my life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Totally agree with u. if they allready knew that their member had 4 warnings for 3 month's ago, then why fire him when he is leading tour de france, in the fact that it actually gives alot money to the Team ?

Bikes: 2006 Orbea Volata, 84 Trek 760, 83 Trek 720,

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by VT Biker
Why are you people giving up? We need to as cycling fans reinforce this good behavoir by the Tour, ASO and UCI. We need to let them know we applaud what they are doing.
+1 on this post. Most of these people are armchair quarterbacks. Finally cycling is getting rid of these dope fiends like baseball needs to get rid of some of their players or strip them of their records. BTW, Cadel will win it all!
Old 07-25-07, 04:37 PM
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by serpico7
Have you been watching? No way is Contador clean. His attacks were unreal. Even a doped Chicken could barely hang on.
hey, there were some other riders with unreal attacks! oh wait, my bad, they were doping too...

but in all seriousness, no one claimed the Chicken was doping, he just called out sick when it was time to test...
Old 07-25-07, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Espada
So does that mean Levi was "sort of" doped?
Of course he's doped - he's on Discovery.
Old 07-25-07, 04:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kozmo
I Totally agree with u. if they allready knew that their member had 4 warnings for 3 month's ago, then why fire him when he is leading tour de france, in the fact that it actually gives alot money to the Team ?
You are both not reading what actually transpired today. MR missed his tests and explained why he missed them to his team. His team supprted his reasons when he told them he was in Mexico with his wife His team learned today that he had lied and was in Italy - and thus fired him.

https://www.velonews.com/tour2007/det...s/12944.0.html

From the article:

However team officials learned Wednesday that Rasmussen lied to them over where and what he was up to during the month of June, when he was in fact in Italy and not in Mexico as he had told them.
Old 07-25-07, 04:44 PM
Signor Memba

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It seems that ex-pro Davide Cassani who comments for RAI tipped him off during today's broadcast. He said that he met Ras mid June in the Dolomites.
Old 07-25-07, 04:44 PM
Rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can hear David Millar now: F***, what the F***, why the F***. I was F***...
Old 07-25-07, 04:45 PM
Tour de france is my life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here he says he lied https://www.equipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves...230356Dev.html
Old 07-25-07, 04:46 PM

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Six-13 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe Rabobank took a while to put the story together. Could they not just have checked his Passport?

Probably an investigative reporter somewhere has been hot on this little tale for the past week. I imagine some little grandmother on a group tour passed on to her cycling grandson that she sat next to some very nice gentlemen with a Danish accent on a flight into Italy, and he was very skinny, and had a funny tan just like you. Ohh, and very dark glasses. This could be interesting.
Old 07-25-07, 04:48 PM
Elitist Troglodyte

Bikes: 03 Raleigh Professional (steel)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX
and i'm sorry, but this is the best TdF photo ever...
Wtf is it?

- Will Rogers
Old 07-25-07, 04:48 PM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seriously. This is all messed up. DISCO will have two podium finishers at this rate. I dont see any changes in top 10 positions over remaining tour. Time changes will be negligible. Expect them to head into decisive time-trial as is right now (barring no more doping). Contador has 2 mins on Cadel, 3 on LL. So LL could potentially take 2nd if he beats Cadels TT. No one else is close enough to pose threat. Contador rides a good TT he shouldnt lose more then 1:30 to Evans and retain Yellow in Paris.

What a stunning turn of events! Still, props to Contador for being #2 amidst all these dopers. Maybe the Titanium plate of his helps him out in the long run. Must be lighter then bone.
Like Cantador isn't a doper too?
Old 07-25-07, 04:49 PM
Elitist Troglodyte

Bikes: 03 Raleigh Professional (steel)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsgrab
It'll be interesting to see if AC wears the yellow jersey tomorrow since he didn't take it from Rasmussen. Lance didn't want to wear it after the TTT in 2005 since he earned it due to David Z's accident.
But recall that he was forced to start in it by the organizers. Expect AC to start in yellow.

- Will Rogers
Old 07-25-07, 04:50 PM
drop you like a potato

Bikes: MERCKX, RIDLEY CROSS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kozmo

can't read this. its not in american ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.