Old 08-11-07, 03:09 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Tirreno Razza 900, Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trail Posers

Just today I came back from doing a short commuting ride to get some fresh air.

Decided to bike the Petaluma trails near the Airport field where soccer games are held on the weekends.

It is one trail split in two; one is gravel and the other one is asphalt. Its a big recreational field so it resembles a golf field but with regular grass. This lady with her 3 year old in the middle of the trail playing with a foam rocket. I am like; "Lady wouldn't it much better to play on the grass where its open and safe for you and your child?. She replies she plays with her kid any place she wants. [WTF!!!]

I ended up going around her cycling on the grass getting of the main trail and of course to evade hitting her or the kid.

Incredible, how she exposes herself and her sibblings just because of her stupidity.

I was in no way speeding, just doing maybe 5 mph or less whenever I would get close to someone within 30 feet or so. The park has no speed signs or cyclist not allowed.

Last edited by mazpr; 08-11-07 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-12-07, 03:50 PM
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
That is why I avoid trails whenever possible. People think they are "entitled" to stuff so they do whatever the hell they want, including stupid and dangerous things like this.
Originally Posted by mazpr
Just today I came back from doing a short commuting ride to get some fresh air.

Decided to bike the Petaluma trails near the Airport field where soccer games are held on the weekends.

It is one trail split in two; one is gravel and the other one is asphalt. Its a big recreational field so it resembles a golf field but with regular grass. This lady with her 3 year old in the middle of the trail playing with a foam rocket. I am like; "Lady wouldn't it much better to play on the grass where its open and safe for you and your child?. She replies she plays with her kid any place she wants. [WTF!!!]

I ended up going around her cycling on the grass getting of the main trail and of course to evade hitting her or the kid.

Incredible, how she exposes herself and her sibblings just because of her stupidity.

I was in no way speeding, just doing maybe 5 mph or less whenever I would get close to someone within 30 feet or so. The park has no speed signs or cyclist not allowed.
Old 08-12-07, 08:56 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
One time a friend and I were on a trail flying downhill on our mountain bikes when there were a group of teenagers just hanging around. I'm talking maybe 15 or more of them. Goofing off as teens do, they were obviously trying to block the trail on purpose because they saw us coming from way above. They spread out, kinda like "we ain't movin'" until I started to yell at the top of my lungs - "AHHH!!!!! NO BRAKES NO BRAKES MOVE MOVE MOVE NO BRAKES!!!!" I had this look of terror on my face and my mouth was wide open.

I swear they looked like cockroaches running when you turn on the light.

Free and clear, that trail was. My friend was amazed how fast them kids can move.

Of couse near the end of the trail curve, I had to use my brakes to slow down, but it sure was fun to fly!!
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 08-12-07, 09:09 PM
Spinning like a gerbel

Bikes: Seven

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
"AHHH!!!!! NO BRAKES NO BRAKES MOVE MOVE MOVE NO BRAKES!!!!"
That's a neat trick. I'll have to remember that next time I'm on a bike path!

My Cycling Blog
Old 08-12-07, 09:28 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
Trust me. It works hella good.

But I'm bad like that. Shame on me. Shame shame shame.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 08-13-07, 11:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha That's great!

Had kinda a different experience happen on the los gatos creek trail the other day. A lady and her two or three kids were just neandering on the trail - both sides of it actually.. I saw them from a ways off so I was going super slow and was just coming up on them when she noticed me. She went into panic mode and grabbed her littlest one by the arm and he fell over and then she dragged him off the trail. I was thinking, sheesh, you didn't have to hurt him to get out of my way.. but thanks for the effort!
Old 08-13-07, 11:09 AM
oldie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right of way on all the trails I've ever used, if bicycles are even allowed, is nearly universally pedestrians (walkers/runners) > bikers.

I am a avid cyclist and am all about using streets/trails appropriately to bicycle and also to trail run, walk, etc. However, if I am walking/running and some jerk comes flying down from behind or in front yelling at me to move I will never do so.
Old 08-27-07, 07:53 PM
Bent

Bikes: 2017 Trek FX S 6, 2010 Trek Madone 4.5, 2002 Gary Fisher Sugar 3+, 199? Trek 930 Singletrack

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's the kind of person that you need to tell "as a fellow cyclist, you are giving us a bad name."
Old 08-27-07, 08:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mazpr
This lady with her 3 year old in the middle of the trail playing with a foam rocket. I am like; "Lady wouldn't it much better to play on the grass where its open and safe for you and your child?. She replies she plays with her kid any place she wants. [WTF!!!]
Did she stare at you like it was your fault for even wanting to ride a bike? How dare you use a bicycle on a bike trail!