Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Suggestion for posting stage 20 highlights

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Old 07-27-03, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Just a friendly reminder- even though we pretty much know who will win the yellow jersey, the other jerseys may be up for grabs, so PLEASE... all pictures of stage 20, all comments about stage 20, all thoughts about who's got what jersey, anything to do with stage 20- can you dump it all under one thread? Yesterday, I merged a bunch of threads folks created into the first thread created about stage 19 so that those who couldn't watch the race right away didn't accidentally click under a thread and get the results.

Also, the person who does create the thread title, PLEASE be sure to make it generic- just say something like "Stage 20- SPOILER" so that the suspense isn't ruined for those who may be taping.

PLEASE... everyone- remember that there will be some people in different time zones, people at work or out for the day, etc., so let's be discreet and give them the time to find out the results their own way.

All right folks, I'm outta here to enjoy my day! Everyone have a good day!

Go Lance!

Koffee

Old 07-27-03, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Whoops, as a P.S., please do make sure to create a new thread and not post your stage 20 highlights here- I don't want folks accidentally getting the results on this thread. I'm merely giving some advice on creating a "spoiler" thread, and I don't want any accidental spoilers spilling onto this page where some unsuspecting slob may end up reading it and getting upset. Thanks!

Koffee

Old 07-27-03, 09:51 PM
go wake forest!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if you don't want to know the result of the TDF...

why would you go to a BIKE-related forum? ... and click on the RACING section? ... knowing full well the #1 subject will be the race...

if it is that important to you not to know....stay off the 'puter for a few hours

it's not like you are going to hear it on the radio or anything well at least not the ones around here ...

the spoiler stuff is kinda silly
Old 07-27-03, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by bandaidman
if you don't want to know the result of the TDF...

why would you go to a BIKE-related forum? ... and click on the RACING section? ... knowing full well the #1 subject will be the race...
The racing discussion for stage 20 is in the road cycling forum, not the racing forum.
What if I wanted to read about road cycling, but avoid the road racing forum, yet I still get a result because someone puts a result in the title of a not-so-discussable thread? :confused:

I guess I should have stayed away from this forum for a week last so I could have gotten to find out the winner of the World Championship by actually watching the race, rather than someone putting "CIPO WINS THE WORLDS" in a thread title.