Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-03, 12:18 PM

Bikes: 2018 Breezer Greenway, 2011 Raleigh International, 3 - '73 World Voyageurs, Trek 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New from Ohio

Hello!
I just joined the forum. I am 46 years old. In high school and college I was an avid rider. Took some time off to get married and have kids and gain weight. lol. Last summer and this summer I have gotten the bike out and started riding. I built up my endurance and mileage and two weekends ago my daughter, her boyfriend and I rode in the local MS150 Bike Tour, a 150 mile fundraiser ride for Multiple Sclerosis. I am riding the '74 Schwinn World Voyageur 10 speed that I bought brand new in high school. It still rides great. This past weekend I got my wife to ride 30 miles with me. A personal high for her. She rides a Trek 701 hybrid. Recently I obtained a Nishiki International (about 20 years old) 10 speed and I am fixing it up for my sons to ride. I hope to get the whole family hooked on riding!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 07-28-03, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hiya Kerk, and welcome to the forums
Old 07-28-03, 05:28 PM
Crazy Like a Daisy

Bikes: Giant OCR-3

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
welcome kerk! looks like you are well on your way to a happy, cycling family; congrats on the MS 150, that is pretty impressive! Liz

....and why am I in this handbasket?