Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

trek makes a fg/ss bike

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

trek makes a fg/ss bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
trek makes a fg/ss bike

Bizarre. Trek is now making a bike to compete with the other $500 all-in-ones. I think it's slick looking, even though Trek is the McDonald's and all. Check it out.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...an/soho/sohos/
Old 08-20-07, 12:09 AM
The Brutally Handsome

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
why must this company bring further shame to their vintage bikes and the owners who ride them? "built-in top tube bumper" what the fuk is that?
Old 08-20-07, 12:12 AM
tarck bike.com exile

Bikes: bfssfg iro--black.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fugly. is that downtube tapered, or is it just my eyes?
also, that bashguard / chainguard combo is too chunky looking.

and i don't like those flat bars.

no thanks.

Last edited by 666pack; 08-20-07 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-20-07, 12:17 AM

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, '85 Giant road bike (unrecogizable fixed-gear conversion

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I wonder when they'll come out with the carbon fiber "Disco" version.

But seriously, other than the bars and the aluminum compact frame, it's sort of cool. I like the near total blackness.
Old 08-20-07, 12:24 AM

Bikes: 2012 Motobecane Vent Noir; 2016 Mercier Kilo TT Pro

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sizzle-Chest
why must this company bring further shame to their vintage bikes and the owners who ride them?
So because Trek comes out with a bike that you don't like, existing Trek owners look at their bikes -- bikes that they've been happy with for years and years -- and they don't like them as much? Or do the existing Treks all-of-a-sudden-like deteriorate some and get ugly?

"Oh, my god! My Trek that I've loved for so long now SUCKS because Trek released the Soho S!"

Whatever.
Old 08-20-07, 12:26 AM

Bikes: 2012 Motobecane Vent Noir; 2016 Mercier Kilo TT Pro

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 666pack
that bashguard / chainguard combo is too chunky looking.
It *looks* like that chainguard is bolt-on, so it could easily be removed methinks.
Old 08-20-07, 12:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WTF? click on the full specs and it says the handlebars are "bullhorns"?!?
Old 08-20-07, 12:44 AM
'-,-' '-,-' '-,-'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that downtube looks a bit weiner-ish..
Can't say much for the shoes either.
Old 08-20-07, 12:47 AM
The Brutally Handsome

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iamtim
So because Trek comes out with a bike that you don't like, existing Trek owners look at their bikes -- bikes that they've been happy with for years and years -- and they don't like them as much? Or do the existing Treks all-of-a-sudden-like deteriorate some and get ugly?

"Oh, my god! My Trek that I've loved for so long now SUCKS because Trek released the Soho S!"

Whatever.
what the fuk are you talking about? i have owned several vintage trek bikes and my current fixed gear is a lugged trek frame. they are awsome bikes. the point that you clearly missed was that the more trek looks like walmart, the more embarrased i feel riding my trek bike. i love their old bikes, but personally, i don't like being associated with a corporation that aims to buy out every other bike manufacturer. wait, is this really about the swobos tim?
Old 08-20-07, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
what the fuk are you talking about? i have owned several vintage trek bikes and my current fixed gear is a lugged trek frame. they are awsome bikes. the point that you clearly missed was that the more trek looks like walmart, the more embarrased i feel riding my trek bike. i love their old bikes, but personally, i don't like being associated with a corporation that aims to buy out every other bike manufacturer. wait, is this really about the swobos tim?
Associated with a corporation? It seems you are more worried about what others think of you than the ride of your bike.
Old 08-20-07, 01:00 AM
pavement+face=<3

Bikes: heavy ****ty haro bmx, mercier kilo tt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
love the pedals
Old 08-20-07, 01:01 AM
The Brutally Handsome

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Associated with a corporation? It seems you are more worried about what others think of you than the ride of your bike.
you're sorta right, but instead of being worried if people think i'm cool, i'm worried that people think that i like or support or buy things from the Trek corporation. similarly, i don't shop at shop at chain stores because i'm worried others might think that it's okay to support that type of business. there is nothing wrong with having that fear and it should not be confused with any sort of fears concerning self image, but i suppose this point is lost on people who apparently spend thousands of dollars perfecting their bikes.

Last edited by Sizzle-Chest; 08-20-07 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-20-07, 01:13 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IDK guys, the thing seems kind of unique. Unique in a conformist kind of way.
Old 08-20-07, 01:23 AM
The Brutally Handsome

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
i'm getting tired of these arguements that make it clear to me that this forum is full of materialistic people whose only concern is how cool their bike looks in comparison to other bikes, and I'm sure you're all tired of finding things to argue about in my posts. i have better ways of wasting my time than spending it with you bozos, so i will once again fuk off, this time for good.
Old 08-20-07, 01:29 AM
Sheldon Brown's posse

Bikes: BMC SL01, XtC, Rhythm GX and a frankenstein avalanche 2.0

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrCjolsen
I wonder when they'll come out with the carbon fiber "Disco" version.
They won't, cause disco doesn't exist after the end of the year.
Old 08-20-07, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
you're sorta right, but instead of being worried if people think i'm cool, i'm worried that people think that i like or support or buy things from the Trek corporation. similarly, i don't shop at shop at chain stores because i'm worried others might think that it's okay to support that type of business. there is nothing wrong with having that fear and it should not be confused with any sort of fears concerning self image, but i suppose this point is lost on people who apparently spend thousands of dollars perfecting their bikes.
For one, I couldn't care less about cool.

For two, I don't spend thousands on my bikes. I buy most everything used.

For three, I'm not a fashionista and think that NJS thing is just the same as yuppy women and their expensive handbags.

Fourth, you know where you got your bike, and that's all that really matters. If someone will judge you badly because you are riding a Trek frame it's the exact same mentality as someone who judges you badly because you aren't riding an NJS whatever.
Old 08-20-07, 02:16 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Masi Speciale Fixed, Surly 1x1, 2 70's Bianchi folders, Swingbike, Columbia Cruiser 3 spd, Specialized Big Hit and P.2, Cove G-Spot, Xtracycled Bianchi San Jose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't they already have a higher priced one, possibly carbon? I think my ****tier LBS has one in for around 1600?

EDIT: Found it, the T1 track bike.
Old 08-20-07, 05:00 AM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm getting tired of these arguements that make it clear to me that this forum is full of materialistic people whose only concern is how cool their bike looks in comparison to other bikes, and I'm sure you're all tired of finding things to argue about in my posts. i have better ways of wasting my time than spending it with you bozos, so i will once again fuk off, this time for good.
A+ internet arguing

1. You attempt to turn around your own insecurity about what other people think of your ride into complaining about others doing the exact same thing.
2. You complain about consumerism and corperations and some how impune trek for trying to make a fg comuter because of this. So are coperations bad or are companies that make bikes that are kinda like yours but new and affordable bad?
3. You're never coming back. A tried and true tactic.

My real question is why do they have all the chain guards is you're still going to roll your pants up?
Old 08-20-07, 05:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i think this looks like a well thought out bike for commuting.
Old 08-20-07, 05:18 AM
o harro buttercup

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Sting Ray Deluxe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dutret
A+ internet arguing

1. You attempt to turn around your own insecurity about what other people think of your ride into complaining about others doing the exact same thing.
2. You complain about consumerism and corperations and some how impune trek for trying to make a fg comuter because of this. So are coperations bad or are companies that make bikes that are kinda like yours but new and affordable bad?
3. You're never coming back. A tried and true tactic.

My real question is why do they have all the chain guards is you're still going to roll your pants up?
Spot on!!! I can see that guy stomping off down the street like a little kid.

Yeah sorta wondered that myself.

Overall, the bike looks pretty cool to me but I'm not hip or cool.
Old 08-20-07, 05:35 AM
Perineal Pressurized

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Touche
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
Old 08-20-07, 05:37 AM
Perineal Pressurized

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wow, somebody needs a hug from Mom.
This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.
Old 08-20-07, 05:43 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Masi Speciale Fixed, Surly 1x1, 2 70's Bianchi folders, Swingbike, Columbia Cruiser 3 spd, Specialized Big Hit and P.2, Cove G-Spot, Xtracycled Bianchi San Jose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fugly grips!
Old 08-20-07, 05:45 AM
Grumbly Goat

Bikes: bicycles with round wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lose the chainring "guard", lose the fugly seatpost and put a Syncros post on, lose the fugly sweat inducing plastic foam saddle and put a Brooks on, other than that i'd buy it for a city bike.

except up here in canada its $1200

hey ma look at me i'm a hipster messenger, i'm even wearing the rolled up jeans and skate shoes!
Old 08-20-07, 05:47 AM
Grumbly Goat

Bikes: bicycles with round wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oh yeah +1 to fugly grips too. swap on some black ourys or equivalint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.