Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

sizing 2007 Stumpy FSR Elite

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Elite, Medium frame, and thinking that I may have made a BIG MISTAKE on the frame size. I am 5'7". Mostly an XC rider, but like the downhill as well. Wgt of 28.5 is acceptable. Most important, the medium seems big, really high in front. Standing it next to my old Fisher Sugar 3, the handlebar on the Stumpy is 5" higher! Are the 140mm shocks that much higher? Just seems to be built for a bigger rider.
What is difference in weight between a Small and Medium in the Stumpjumper FSR Elite?
Strange that can't get sizing or weight info on Specialized site.
Armando
Old 08-31-07, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im 5' 9" and got a large. Liked it better than a med. Ride it and forget about the sizing your gonna love the bike.