Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Hotels near the shore in Monmouth, NJ

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 06:06 AM

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm setting up a 2-day tour with an overnight in Monmouth Beach, NJ. Does anyone know of a decent, cheap hotel where a few people can split a room, possibly discreetly bringing our bikes indoors? Thanks!

Here's part of the route, so you can see the nearby towns:

https://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...ur-part-2-of-4

My bands:
Old 09-17-07, 08:08 AM
One less car

Bikes: '08 Soma Groove (commuter/long distance tourer), '97 Lemond Zurich (road commuter/tourer),'01 Seven Axiom Ti, '03 Look KG381i, '01 Santa Cruz Superlite X

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you thought of doing a warmshowers thing (www.warmshowers.org) it's a network for bike tourers to stay in various places from hosts willing to offer their land, shower, etc to travelling cyclists...

Might have one down by Monmouth or the shore area anyway...

Jay
Old 09-17-07, 08:23 AM

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jay H
Have you thought of doing a warmshowers thing (www.warmshowers.org) it's a network for bike tourers to stay in various places from hosts willing to offer their land, shower, etc to travelling cyclists...

Might have one down by Monmouth or the shore area anyway...

Jay
I registered with them, you never know. But I think I may go for a room with Extended Stay in Red Bank. They have a decent rate ($114/night for two beds).

My bands:
Old 09-17-07, 03:38 PM

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8 Optimo 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's only rental beach houses in that area... you may find some on www.shorevacations.com, I'm sure most ot them have good rates in the off-season. I guess you're returning by Sandy Hook and the Henry Hudson trail?
Old 09-17-07, 04:44 PM
Because I thought I could

Bikes: November, Trek OCLV, Bianchi Castro Valley commuter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know (sister lives not far) there are a bunch of motels on Rt 35, but that's not near Monmouth Beach. I recall there is a bike shop in the area they might have some info. More to the point, try "Hotels near Monmouth beach NJ" at maps.google.com - turns up several places just south of Monmouth Beach in the Long Branch area.
Old 09-17-07, 05:33 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chrisuletz
It's only rental beach houses in that area... you may find some on www.shorevacations.com, I'm sure most ot them have good rates in the off-season. I guess you're returning by Sandy Hook and the Henry Hudson trail?
We'll be on the trail eitehr going there or coming back, haven't decided.

My bands:
Old 09-17-07, 05:34 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ks1g
I know (sister lives not far) there are a bunch of motels on Rt 35, but that's not near Monmouth Beach. I recall there is a bike shop in the area they might have some info.
If you mean the one on Ocean Ave/ rt 36, they suggested I stay in Red Bank, which I think we're going to do.

My bands:
Old 09-17-07, 07:58 PM

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8 Optimo 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By the way, Neil, when are you doing this? Maybe I'll join you for just part of the ride when you are around my place (I'm in Middletown, about 35 minutes riding from Sandy Hook).
Old 09-18-07, 02:33 AM
molasses in winter slow

Bikes: '06 Serotta Nove, '04 Mondonico Futura Leggero, '08 Haro Mary SS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not many hotels in the Monmouth Beach/Sea Bright area. The only one I know of in Red Bank is Oyster Point, and I'm sure that's more $$ than you'd want to spend. Doubt they'd let you take your bike up to your room anyway.

You may want to try a little further south than Monmouth Beach in Long Branch. Better yet, though it'd add to your ride, go into Eatontown. It's west of Long Branch on Rte 36. Or, if you alter your route, you can get there from Red Bank without having to take any highways. For an inexpensive option, there's the Red Roof Inn on Hope Road. It had some of the lower rates in the area and there's no lobby access to rooms (you get into each room from an outside door so you could easily take your bike(s) in). It's definitely "no frills", but if all you're looking for is a place to bathe and crash for the night, it'll suffice. I stayed there one night after work last winter when we had that bad ice storm. I wouldn't plan a vacation with my girlfriend around it, but it sure beat driving 40 miles home when everything was a sheet of ice. There's also a Holiday Inn and 1 or 2 other hotels along Hope Rd, too, just south of Rte 36 near x-105 on the GSP.
Old 09-18-07, 05:45 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chrisuletz
By the way, Neil, when are you doing this? Maybe I'll join you for just part of the ride when you are around my place (I'm in Middletown, about 35 minutes riding from Sandy Hook).
October 6th and 7th. Theres more info here.

My bands: