Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Another rebuild/ fork question

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 10-05-07, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an old Trek 8000 (not sure the year, at least pre-1999) that I'm in the process of refurbishing. Put some nice Avid v-brakes on it, the rest of the (old Shimano XT) components are in great shape. Just one problem, which is that I'd like to replace the steel fork that's on it. I need a one-inch threaded.

I've looked at some previous threads, people were recommending a Marzocchi Bomber, but I'm not having much luck finding anything like that (that will fit) on ebay. So i'm basically looking for other suggestions for forks that might fit. I'm open to suggestions on both rigid and suspension forks, but I'd like to put something good quality (if rigid, then light, like the original fork was before I trashed it) on it.

Last edited by rudinor; 10-05-07 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-05-07, 04:23 AM

Bikes: 2007 Norco Katmandu, building a 2006 Norco Bigfoot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
find an old bike with a one-inch threaded fork?
Old 10-05-07, 04:29 AM
Banned.

Bikes: Masi Speciale Fixed, Surly 1x1, 2 70's Bianchi folders, Swingbike, Columbia Cruiser 3 spd, Specialized Big Hit and P.2, Cove G-Spot, Xtracycled Bianchi San Jose.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=de...=30&SKU=FK2427 this site has several options available.
https://www.amazon.com/SBS-Chromoly-T.../dp/B000C14KGW if you love chrome?
No idea about quality on either, but it's a way to get started.
Old 10-05-07, 01:55 PM
Svr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudinor
I have an old Trek 8000 (not sure the year, at least pre-1999) that I'm in the process of refurbishing. Put some nice Avid v-brakes on it, the rest of the (old Shimano XT) components are in great shape. Just one problem, which is that I'd like to replace the steel fork that's on it. I need a one-inch threaded.
You'll just have to keep looking. A fork that fits will turn up eventually. BTW, a 1" head tube dates your 8000 to 1990 or earlier.