Notices
Mountain Bike Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

comprimise

Old 10-07-07, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
comprimise

I'm building up a racing bike but i have a problem, i don't have enough money to get all the best parts so: would it be better to get a better group (xtr) and worse fork, wheels, stem etc. or should I get the xt group and nicer fork wheels etc. what are your opinions?
Old 10-07-07, 07:58 PM
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
xt and nicer fork, wheels etc.
Old 10-07-07, 08:00 PM
Nitro

Bikes: Salsa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xt group,
thebest thing to save weight on are wheels and fork. heavier wheels means more weight for your legs to have to turn wasting energy and vise versa. the fork if its heavier then the rear end if you go off any sort of ledge your front possibly would try to nose dive. xt groups not that much heavier and has same performance. sram x9 is lighter then shimano xt by the way. get a carbon bar take alot of harshness out of the ride
Old 10-08-07, 10:29 AM
Writin' stuff

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xcracer13
xt group,
the fork if its heavier then the rear end if you go off any sort of ledge your front possibly would try to nose dive.
wtf are you talking about? The <1lb gain makes very little difference compared to you throwing your body weight (fork weight x 50+) back 1 inch.

But yes, get the XT group, a nice fork (Rockshox Reba race is a great deal) and the best wheels you can afford. Wheels and fork will make the biggest difference in how your bike feels, so you want nice stuff.
Old 10-08-07, 03:58 PM
Nitro

Bikes: Salsa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeCanon
wtf are you talking about? The <1lb gain makes very little difference compared to you throwing your body weight (fork weight x 50+) back 1 inch.

But yes, get the XT group, a nice fork (Rockshox Reba race is a great deal) and the best wheels you can afford. Wheels and fork will make the biggest difference in how your bike feels, so you want nice stuff.
i know i dont know why i put that. but yah the 08 xt group is preety kool lookin