Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greets from Eugene, Oregon

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-03, 01:29 AM
I descend on my face

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...one of the wettest places on our rock.

I have an interesting relationship with biking. Since junior high I rode a tank of a Trek 830 to death recreationally, but without any serious mountain biking other than some easy cross country trails. Come a year ago, my bike was stolen, so I switched to an old Peugot road beast, and was hit by a truck a week later.

Feeling a bit down in the mouth, I wanted to continue experimenting with road frames in a package that would be suitable for the weather around here, so I purchased a 2003 Cannondale Cycloross Disc as a replacement.

I have yet to ride cross competitively, as the idea of obstacles turns me off; I just like an allweather road bike.
Old 08-18-03, 01:40 AM
Resident Music Junkie

Bikes: 2000 Avanti Aggressor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums Hows the 'dale Cyclocross disc go?
Old 08-18-03, 09:54 AM
Go Go Fassa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums

oh, Cannondale rules
Old 08-19-03, 02:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I guess I've gone from Newbie to "Junior" in only a couple days (I type too much??).

I rode into Eugene from Florence in '93 on my way down to Tijuana. My son and I got to take a tour of the Burley Co-op while we were there, and I pitched our tent in foul territory in the Emeralds' stadium. I must say, normally I don't like using bicycle paths (of course right now I live in a community that thinks they don't have to install bicycle paths or lanes because we already have SIDEWALKS), but I WAS impressed by Eugene's well-planned network of paths throughout the city!

If my allergies had not flared up while I was there, I REALLY would have considered moving there! Whatever was in bloom, though, hit me quickly and I had an ear infection and high fever by the time I got back to Florence.

Oh well Welcome, again, to the forums! ~~Bren