Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Possible New Commute - I need your opinion

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Possible New Commute - I need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
WOW! I didn't think many were going to respond and completely forgot this thread existed. At the time I wrote this thread, three jobs in a row rejected me after the interviews. I was resigned to a 4-6 hour commute and 4 mile bike ride down a huge hill which is actually a mountain.

Today, I accepted an offer for a new job that pays slightly more than my present employer! I lucked out totally. It's actually closer and now I only have to take two trains! ;-)

First, I want to thank everyone for all your responses. I can see alot of people really put good effort in their response. A lot of fine answers but no one like the scooter! Oh well.

I decided on locking a beater bike at the station purchased a Schwinn World on Ebay for $40.00 dollars. I don't need it anymore and will probably sell it. The whole notion of commuting so many hours a day by train was to avoid having to drive 160 miles a day. I like being carfree and don't want to go back to being a motorist ever again.

Again, thanks everyone.
Old 10-23-07, 11:14 AM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
WOW! I didn't think many were going to respond and completely forgot this thread existed. At the time I wrote this thread, three jobs in a row rejected me after the interviews. I was resigned to a 4-6 hour commute and 4 mile bike ride down a huge hill which is actually a mountain.

Today, I accepted an offer for a new job that pays slightly more than my present employer! I lucked out totally. It's actually closer and now I only have to take two trains! ;-)

First, I want to thank everyone for all your responses. I can see alot of people really put good effort in their response. A lot of fine answers but no one like the scooter! Oh well.

I decided on locking a beater bike at the station purchased a Schwinn World on Ebay for $40.00 dollars. I don't need it anymore and will probably sell it. The whole notion of commuting so many hours a day by train was to avoid having to drive 160 miles a day. I like being carfree and don't want to go back to being a motorist ever again.

Again, thanks everyone.
I am very glad that everything worked out so well for you, Dahon Steve. You seem to have your cake and eating it very well, too!