Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Question about spinervals...

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So i got a trainer (used) and im getting a set of rollers soon... but that's besides the point.

Just wondeirng if i need anything to perform the spinerval dvd sets, such as a cyclometer, hrm, or anything besides my tv, bike, and trainer.

How does it work, i would think they would tell you to spin at a certain rpm, but with my damn computer on my front wheel i don't think it will do me any good on a trainer. Or does the guy just tell you to spin your heart out for 1 min then take it down or something like that.
Old 11-04-07, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Generally, Coach Troy tells you what gearing and what cadence. There's also a graphic on the screen that tells what gearing(although on one section of one of my DVDs "Enter the Red Zone" the graphic doesn't match with what Coach Troy is saying.) Except for the early Spinervals, they also have a tension graphic for people using stationary bikes instead of trainers. There's also a perceived effort graph on the screen. You really don't have to have any extra equipment, but a HRM and a cycling computer with cadence may be useful if you're not tuned into estimating or don't want to count(you can also just match cadence with people on the screen.) I've used a HRM and just got a computer with cadence--haven't decided yet if they're actually a help or a distraction. ...and yes there are times when he tells you to go all out.

Last edited by Pendergast; 11-04-07 at 01:48 AM.