Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What's my NEW 1990 Ritchey worth?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi. I just found this forum while I was searching the web for vintage Ritchey info. In 1990 I bought my girlfriend a new 17" Ritchey Ascent Comp mountain bike for her birthday. At the time I had a 1988 Ritchey Sport Comp. Long story short we split up before her birthday so I never gave her the bike. I kept it around for a spare but never rode it. After about 5 or 6 years I decided to just keep it as a piece of art and vowed it would never be ridden. Its been in my basement in the dark for 17 years!
Well, I'm thinking of selling it. It's red and orange and is brand new. It's a 17" frame of Ritchey Logic Super Tubing by Tange. The fork is Ritchey Logic Super Tubing by Tange, Force Directional. All parts are Ritchey including the handlebars, stem, Logic Comp headset, handgrips, seat and 2 Ritchey waterbottles. The wheels are Ritchey Expert Vantage and I think they are titanium. They are brown and say 450 grams. The tires are Ritchey Megabites. As it is a 1990 model the components were downgraded to Shimano Deore DX compared to earlier models. I paid $1,200 new for this bike. What is it worth now? Thanks!
Old 11-07-07, 10:14 PM
juneeaa memba!

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
If spotless, about 6-800 dollars. That is the high end. The wheels are aluminum. The bike is fairly rare and Ritchey didn't make any junk, but you have to find the right buyer, and they are more uncommon than you may think.
Old 11-07-07, 11:33 PM
Dr.Deltron

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by luker
If spotless, about 6-800 dollars. That is the high end. The wheels are aluminum. The bike is fairly rare and Ritchey didn't make any junk, but you have to find the right buyer, and they are more uncommon than you may think.
OK Luker, I had to read your post 3 times to figure out that you meant Ritchey BUYERS are more uncommon than I think...

But, from the description, the bike sounds like NOS condition. So it wouldn't surprise me if he could get his $1,200 out of it on eBay.

Or he could put it BACK in the basement for another 17 years and then collect 10X that much!

Old 11-07-07, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Dr. D but I don't know if I'll live another 17 years.
But yes the bike is as new as it was when I brought it home from the dealer. I'll probably just hang on to it and buy something new with a suspension for my old bones.