Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello all you happy people

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-07, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess this is an intro isn't it? Well I have always loved bicycles, from the first moment I learned how to use my first bike I have been in love. I love the freedom, joy, and exhilaration bicycles provide. Now I do not know much about bicycles, in fact my last two bicycles came from Wal-Mart but since my last bike was stolen I have done a bit of research and discovered a lot... for instance, I now know that a dirt bike isn't necessary since I live in the concrete desert of Phoenix. lol

Since I have enrolled in college I have gotten a little out of shape, so out of shape that I run out of breath climbing 3 stories of stairs... This simply will not do.
I have always been an active person, but recently I have had some unpleasant experiences with creepy old men in my neighborhood, and walking just hasn't been an option. Since I cannot walk, I cannot of course play racquetball, or do much else outside. After gaining 15lbs and losing all the energy I used to have, the natural solution was to get another bike and rekindle the magic of cycling.

It wasn't all that long ago that I would bicycle everywhere, I used to ride 2miles to school and back everyday in high school, and a few more miles to the mall when I felt like it. But being the poor college student I am I had to get a used bike. I am not complaining though, I have forever been a fan of retro styles, and finding a cute 70's cruiser for $20 is perfectly ok with me

Tomorrow I will be picking up some new tires/tubes and I can begin doing what I love to do,cycle.
Old 11-18-07, 12:08 AM

Bikes: Old one... don't recall at the moment :(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the forum, keep an eye out for those creepy men, they're everywhere! Vintage bikes are so cool, hope you got what you were looking for, and have fun riding!
Old 11-18-07, 01:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fuish
Awesome! Welcome to the forum, keep an eye out for those creepy men, they're everywhere! Vintage bikes are so cool, hope you got what you were looking for, and have fun riding!
It isn't a trek, but it's a pretty snazzy old Kmart (posted it on the vintage board)
I am less worried about them old men when I'm on bike, they are lazy B*****s that wont try to pull me and a bike into a car.
Old 11-18-07, 06:24 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gammerus
It isn't a trek, but it's a pretty snazzy old Kmart (posted it on the vintage board)
And it is indeed a very snazzy bike...needs the white saddle, though .

Welcome (formally) to BF!

East Hill
Old 11-18-07, 08:30 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!

A used bike that you can USE is as good as any. As long as you can ride, then it's all good.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 11-18-07, 08:32 PM
Blasted Weeds

Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Seems like there's lots of college students here, perhaps in the same boat or not - riding is an awesome form of exercise and we think it's fun too! Welcome!
Old 11-18-07, 08:34 PM
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
I just went to check your pics and I LOVE those pedals. Whatever you do, keep the pedals!! That bike has its own charm....
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 11-18-07, 11:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
I just went to check your pics and I LOVE those pedals. Whatever you do, keep the pedals!! That bike has its own charm....
lol, the pedals were the main thing my BF hated about the bike... but he isn't much of a cycler... just got a car and he has abandoned his old ride.
Old 11-19-07, 09:29 AM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gammerus
lol, the pedals were the main thing my BF hated about the bike... but he isn't much of a cycler... just got a car and he has abandoned his old ride.
Your boyfriend is a BUM. Twenty years from now he will be regretting that decision...trust us !

East Hill
Old 11-19-07, 09:40 AM
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That subject line reminded me of R.E.M. song lyrics!