Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Arkansas

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-03, 07:56 AM

Bikes: 2004 Specialized elite Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Arkansas

Just wanted to take this opportunity to briefly introduce myself. My name is Dan and I am from Arkansas. I am 39 years old and I am trying to start all over healthwise.

I quit smoking, after smoking 2+ packs a day for 17 years, on August 30, 2003. I have started riding my bike on an almost daily basis. Just this past week and over the Labor day weekend I logged around 70 miles. I rode my bike back and forth to work every day which is 3.6 miles each way. The bike riding is in an effort to keep from gaining alot of weight while quitting smoking.

I am working on joining a riding club here in my town as soon as I am able to get into contact with the head of the club. I am really looking forward to doing alot more riding in the future. When I was younger I rode everywhere I went. When I was about 15-16 took a trip up into the hills of a neighboring town, about 60 miles. 60 ups one day and 60 miles back the next day. One of the most enjoyable vacations I have ever had. Looking to perhaps have some repeat performances of this kind of "vacation."

Dan
Old 09-08-03, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your recent life changes/improvements. Sounds like you are off to a great start on your health & biking. You might check your LBS and post something on this board to get you into contact with some local riding clubs. I'm sure they are in the forum. Good luck to you!
Old 09-08-03, 06:52 AM
Sapient

Bikes: Just a bunch of bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
quit smoking, after smoking 2+ packs a day for 17 years
SUPER JOB, Way to go.

Welcome to the forums. Its sounds like you had some sort of epiphany or maybe your getting ready for that big 40.