Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Which would you choose among KHS Urban Xtreme, Jamis Coda Comp, and Jamis Coda Sport?

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Which would you choose among KHS Urban Xtreme, Jamis Coda Comp, and Jamis Coda Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While not that many are familiar with the KHS Urban Xtreme (MSRP $739), those who are seem highly impressed. Those who are familiar with the Jamis Coda Comp (MSRP $800) and Jamis Coda Sport (MSRP $600) seem torn on whether the upgrade is worth the price between those two. On paper and based on recommendations, I am leaning toward the KHS Urban Xtreme - as a hybrid bicycle that will be used mostly on pavement but hopefully on some light trails and paths without having to change the setup - especially since it can be obtained in my city at a local bike shop with the best mechanic around (while I have to go to another city for the closest Jamis dealer).

I realize that test rides will make a huge difference in deciding. But based on experience and the components offered, which would posters choose? Thanks.

Link: KHS Urban Xtreme

Link: Jamis Coda Comp

Link: Jamis Coda Sport
Old 12-17-07, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Two things swayed me towards the Coda Sport over the Coda Comp (three I guess if you include price):
1. The front forks of the Sport have braze-ons for lowrider racks.
2. I could get up to 35 mm knobbly tyres for trail riding on the Sport.

After a year of riding I still look forward to getting out on it. The components are good, without being top-knotch, but then I'm not racing on it.