Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Cargo bike meet & ride Seattle, 1/1/08

Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Old 12-30-07, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cross posted to Cargo forum, too. Show off how you live car free in Seattle. Sorry for the short notice but you weren't doing anything that day anyway, right?

This isn't my ride but I plan on being there with my Xtracycle and thought I'd pass it along.

New year's day at noon, meet at Greenlake at the basketball courts by the field house. Plan is to take a leisurely ride to Golden Gardens park for a picnic. This isn't about putting in tons of miles, but more about meeting up and showing off our cargo bikes and enjoying the day. I expect most, like me, will have a longer ride to and from the meet than on the ride itself.

You don't have to have a cargo bike to show up, but the more that do show up, the merrier. Bring food, drink, chairs, tables, whatever might be useful or fun. We usually stop somewhere convenient along the way for more supplies.

Click for not much more info.

The weather looks like it will be brisk but dry. I hope to see som
Old 01-13-08, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having moved from Seattle about 4 years ago, it is nice to see some of the old stomping grounds. I wish I would have been as interested in bikes when I was there, since I only lived about 2 blocks from Aaron's shop.