Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Thanks guys, this is my new Serotta!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Thanks guys, this is my new Serotta!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-08, 10:37 AM

Bikes: Bianchi hybrid. Dunelt 3-sp. Raleigh basket case. Wanting a Roadster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigwoo
Don't get me wrong Charles, I'm thankful to have it, but somebody nicked it up on the top tube (Looks like lots of bike rack incidents), forks, chain stays, and rear drops. It was ridden hard and not as well cared for as a paint job of this caliber should have been. Dr D may need to examine it.... But I'm greatful and thankful to have found it
I would think that being in that pile of junk bikes did not help the finish at all. Just think of what the ones at the bottom of the pile must be like. Be glad you got it before he threw another hundred bikes on top of it.
Old 01-20-08, 10:58 AM
Chrome Freak

Bikes: 71 Chrome Paramount P13-9, 73 Opaque Blue Paramount P15, 74 Blue Mink Raleigh Pro, 91 Waterford Paramount, Holland Titanium x2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
This is just one of those "make you feel good all over" threads!

If I had a congregation which biked to worship each Sunday, I could use it in a sermon.

And just think, it all started because of a chrome fork on a Continental.
If you had a congregation in Southern CA, that might be a possibility!
1991 Waterford Paramount
Holland Titanium Dura Ace Group
Holland Titanium Ultegra Triple Group
Old 01-20-08, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
That boat anchor saddle has to go. I'll take it off your hands and pay the shipping charges. Get yourself a carbon seatpost and Fizik or one of those other plastic ones. They are so much lighter. Hah you lucky dawg that is a beautiful machine...

We at classic and vintage forum will tar and feather you if you think of changing that fork over to carbon.
Old 01-20-08, 11:38 AM

Bikes: March [B]'71 Schwinn Sports Tourer [/B] [B]

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SoreFeet
That boat anchor saddle has to go. I'll take it off your hands and pay the shipping charges. Get yourself a carbon seatpost and Fizik or one of those other plastic ones. They are so much lighter. Hah you lucky dawg that is a beautiful machine...

We at classic and vintage forum will tar and feather you if you think of changing that fork over to carbon.
I promise that I won't do anything like that. Before I can restore it, I need to find a source that will give me a comprehensive component run-down of what it may have originally come with; Heck, I don't even know what year it is yet...For me personally, nothing feels better than an all steel bike. (Plus, I'm a bigger rider and I do open these up in the Vail and Steamboat backcountry every chance I get. Something about plastic forks and frames and high speed on swithcback corners doesn't sit right with me)

The boat anchor saddle is an Ideale, so I'd better just go ahead and destroy it for you because I know how you feel about the Frenchies

Thanks so much for all of the nice compliments guys. I'll do my best to restore it to a condition that will make you proud. The only thing that will not be done on it this year is the paint. I just don't have $$ for that type of a big-$$ project right now

I think it's just about time for some C&V er's to do a ride out here

Last edited by bigwoo; 01-20-08 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-20-08, 11:49 AM

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Very hard to go wrong with an older steel bike. I put together a friend's early 90's Serotta CS he purchased off eBay before our annual ride in the Mts of Colorado last year. What a find. Anyhow your bike looks great...good riding in 08.
Old 01-21-08, 09:29 AM

Bikes: 1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by handsomerob
I am not an expert, but I have a 1984 Club Special with the same Cinelli bottom bracket shell... and the same two digit prefix 8 4 (indicating it was a 1984 frame). So your pre-1992 guess is right.
I don't think that is the serial number. My bike was brazed in 1989 and is serial number
90415. The serial number can usually be found on the steerer tube if it is original to the
bike. I also do not believe that the Colorado LT was available until after 1989 (the last catalog
that I can find).
I got confirmation on the build date/serial number from Serotta when I first bought the frame.

Marty

Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.
Old 07-21-14, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi - I just picked up the exact bike with the same paint job. It also says "Paint by S Soderman" except it's written on the top tube. My serial number starts with 84 too. Did you ever find our more about your bike? Did you contact Soderman?

Any information you have would be helpful.

Thanks in advance