Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Primal Wear

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 07:02 PM

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 800over
What is this "justify" thing of which you speak.......and how can I prevent myself from ever using it in my quest to buy more bicycle stuff?
Who are you and why are you on bike forums if you don't have the disease that is cyclopurchases?

Please leave restraint and panties at the door.
Oh my friend. Perhaps you don't have a wife and two children in college. Maybe FAFSA will be better to me this year.

I do have the disease, but my domestic bliss requires that I resist it from time to time.

My greenhouse/bike workshop speaks for itself. How many bikes do I need? More than I have! (Two for my wife, two each for my two kids who never ride them, five for me. That's hardly enough! )

Why spend a bunch of time and money refurbishing a bike that doesn't fit anyone in my family? Because I can!

Why take a bike to a shop for repair when you can buy a tool and do it yourself for 10 times more?

No skirt, no panties, but way too much lycra.
Old 02-01-08, 06:46 PM

Bikes: Klein Quantum, Sanwa, Schwinn Le Tour

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Primal Jersey. Too hot for you it's called. It has flames on it and it's pretty darn cool. It has worn well and I enjoy wearing it. Primal has a lot of cool designs. Some don't get them, but they probably ride flatbars anyway. Go figure. I may qualify for being a clydsdale, but I ride it like I stole it! If it's one of my road bikes or one of my bents, I'm going for broke. I may be pushing 50, but I can hold my own with "kids" 20 years my junior. I just love wasting grey hounds on hills. ha. It give me the INCENTIVE to stay in shape. I'm no jock, never have been. If a cool looking jersey helps me float the boat, so be it. Rock on!

Jim
Old 02-01-08, 10:01 PM
Big Mac and No hills.

Bikes: Trek 1500, Raleigh Tarantula

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlueToe
Oh my friend. Perhaps you don't have a wife and two children in college. Maybe FAFSA will be better to me this year.

I do have the disease, but my domestic bliss requires that I resist it from time to time.

My greenhouse/bike workshop speaks for itself. How many bikes do I need? More than I have! (Two for my wife, two each for my two kids who never ride them, five for me. That's hardly enough! )

Why spend a bunch of time and money refurbishing a bike that doesn't fit anyone in my family? Because I can!

Why take a bike to a shop for repair when you can buy a tool and do it yourself for 10 times more?

No skirt, no panties, but way too much lycra.

So your disease is simply in recession?
Old 02-02-08, 05:13 PM

Bikes: Old one... don't recall at the moment :(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
Ditto that. Twin Six is another company with unappealing designs. Aside from the Fat Cyclist jerseys and the discontinued "Cabbie", I've not seen anything from them I'd want on my body.
Really?! I love the twin six designs... well maybe that's cause I love the girl jerseys... and I am a girl... hehe. Maybe the boy ones aren't as cute.
Old 02-06-08, 04:15 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I own several Primal jerseys. Good quality stuff, great customer service. Only place that makes a Led Zeppelin jersey, and I needs my Zeppelin Wear what you want; flaunt your Fredness. I do so proudly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jimmypagesmall.jpg (3.6 KB, 32 views)