Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Sacratomato greeting

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Sacratomato greeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-08, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sacratomato greeting

I am greeting you from the Big Sac, heart of the Tomato Region of California. Even though that is how our governor says it; Caulifornia it is not to be confused with cauliflower. That is a whole different vegetable.
Road and trail rider, not a mountain biker. definitely in the Clydesdale camp. That is at least since I quit working 7 years and 50 lbs. ago. I do have plans to get back to work and trim off some of the fat. Have enough bikes for every day of the week. However that does not get it done. It seems that I must actually ride them to get the healthful benefits. I would think that moving them around from place to place in the attic and garage would be enough. It is not. My current favorite is a Puch made for Sears in the 70s. It used to be a sickly yellow metallic color now it is a medium blue without any identification. It is and was all Reynolds 531. Currently set up as a single speed. old Universal 68 brakes and Stronglight 93 crankset. The crankset is a single with a chain guard, from a 93 triple I have, in the outer ring position. I love the squared industrial look of the 93s. was 27" now 700c with cross type tires and full fenders.
Sactown is flat and a single is fine. I do hope to find a reasonably priced Sturmey 5 rear hub one of these days to lace up.
Old 01-27-08, 05:40 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hmm, you sound like a C & V forum person .

I thought my brother lived in the heart of the Tomato, and he's in Modesto!

Anyway, Welcome to BF!

East Hill