Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

tire problem

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

tire problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-03, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tire problem

i just replaeced the tires on my 700x23 wheels and get seem to get the bead seated right.i'm no stranger to tire replacing but i just can't seem to get it right.it feels like the wheel is out of round but it isn't. it makes for a very bumpy ride. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-03, 05:45 AM

Bikes: '87 Paramount & '02 Scapin EOS3

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
After you mount the tire put about 30 psi in it. The work you way around the wheel and use you thumbs to push the tire away from the bead and insure that it is set at the same point on the bead/side wall all the way around. Do this on both sides. It insures the tire is concentric in its location and also that you are not pinching the tube. The pump to full pressure and check again, looking at both sides. Every tire I have ever used has a molding line just above the bead that is good point to use to see if it is mounted in the same place the full 360 on both sides. You may also have a bad tire. That can happen.
Old 09-28-03, 05:05 PM

Location: Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.

Bikes: Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
There could be a flaw in how the tire stamping looks. I've had to put a tire in a truing stand to check to see if a tire is installed correctly and isn't out of round.
Old 09-28-03, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks guys, i'll try both remedies and see what happens.by the way diesel, i love your signature