Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Shipping time from Performance

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-03, 08:09 AM
Ric
Strada, GTT2s, Hotmover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What has been your experience with shipping times from Performance?
I ordered a helmet on Sept 28th using standard shipping and it hasn't arrived yet. When I called today, they said it was shipped on the 29th and may be another week before it arrives. Even for regular shipping that sounds like a long time to me.
Old 10-07-03, 08:49 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
I live in Atlanta and an order from Performance usually takes about a week.

Is the order being shipped UPS or USPS?
If it's UPS get a tracking number and go to www.ups.com and track it.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 10-07-03, 02:50 PM
Breaker of Spokes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've noticed some items from Performance do take a week or more to arrive. But since I've been ordering almost all my biking accessories from them for over a year, I now get free shipping upgrades on almost all my purchases. I now get most shipments in 2 to 4 days, depending on when I order and their availability.

I'm in the DC area.
Old 10-07-03, 06:05 PM
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Performance shipped from North Carolina it doesn't mater who they shipped with you should have it by know I don't think it should be more then 2 to 3 days to get something from them I would call their customer service and have them put a trace on it. If you can get a tracking number with a he,met even if they send it USPS they should have a tracking number for something like that.
Old 10-07-03, 07:24 PM
Donating member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only time that I have waited longer than a week is a backorder. They usually get everything to me in 2-3 days in PA.
Old 10-08-03, 04:44 AM
Ric
Strada, GTT2s, Hotmover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I haven't ordered anything from them for a while, but didn't recall it taking more than 2-4 days.
It is being shipped USPS and they don't have a tracking number except for UPS.
I called them back and complained so they agreed to ship another one by 2 day shipping and they ate the extra cost. At least I'll have it ( should have it) for the Bike Fest this weekend.
OT- I do like the new forum, Joe did a great job.
Old 10-09-03, 10:08 AM

Bikes: 2017 Ridley Fenix SL, 2008 Trek 1500, 1998 Diamondback Apex

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Usually takes a solid week+. I joined "Team Performane" and get auto 2nd-day upgrades. I LOVE it!
Old 10-09-03, 01:43 PM
Donating member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also joined Team Performance, I like the earned points, got a few good items for free, plus the shipping.
Old 10-09-03, 02:16 PM
DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I have had shipping issues with Performance in the past. I won't go into detail but you can read about it here. I have somewhat lightened up on them and now recommend them again for some things in the hopes that they have either improved their practice or my situation was a fluke. Still, I'm reluctant to order from them without a doing a lot of first-hand oversight to make sure they get my order correct. I occasionally visit their local store here for small items I need quickly such as tubes. They tend to have pretty decent prices.
Old 02-18-04, 09:18 AM
Indiana roadie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I need to vent! Performance shipping sucks!!!! I ordered an ultegra group on 2/9/04 and here it is 2/18/04 and it is still not here yet. When I called them they said it shipped out 2/9 and said it shipped usps. They also said they do not have a tracking info on usps packages which I think is b.s. You would think for the money I am spending with them they would give me a better answer than "it usually takes around 10 days to get your order and have a great day" Anyone have any advice on who to contact to get info on my order or spped up the process. Thanks
Old 02-18-04, 09:55 AM
Center of the Universe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As the shipping supervisor for a company that ships out a couple hundred small packages a day this is what I can tell you. USPS even with tracking numbers suck they are not like the others they don't scan the packages in route nor do they guarantee delivery times. I have never had success with tracking packages through the post office most times I end up filing a claim. Performance has to wait 15 days before they can file a claim. Since YOU have the shipping options you made the choice not Performance next time pick one of the other ground services they are easier to track.
Old 02-18-04, 10:20 AM
Ric
Strada, GTT2s, Hotmover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys it's not UPS or USPS It's performance. What they don't tell you is they use a third party shipper (Donnelly Shipping) and your package sets on thier dock four or five days before they ship.Saves Performance shipping cost. Check your packages mine had Donnelly slips all over them.
Old 02-18-04, 11:27 AM
Center of the Universe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ric
Hey guys it's not UPS or USPS It's performance. What they don't tell you is they use a third party shipper (Donnelly Shipping) and your package sets on thier dock four or five days before they ship.Saves Performance shipping cost. Check your packages mine had Donnelly slips all over them.
Two things, if this is true Performance will stop using donnely. I am curious what was being shipped to you? It could of been a drop ship from a vendor. I have never had problems qith shipping at performance and all there labels have their name as shipper.
Old 02-18-04, 12:01 PM
Work hard, Play hard

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered some stuff on Sunday and got an e-mail saying that it would ship out monday, also since im in their membership thing my shipping got upgraded to 2nd day for free. Its wendsday now and I still haven't got my package.

no worries though, I trust the guys over at Performance!
Old 02-18-04, 12:12 PM
floor sleeper

Bikes: Raleigh Twenty, Puch 3 speed road conversion, lookin' into a Karate Monkey for a cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whenever I've ordered from them, it seems to take a while longer than it seems like it should, but... eh. I got a good deal on some lights and a truing stand so I'm not upset or nothing.
Old 02-18-04, 12:25 PM

Bikes: Cervelo Soliost

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I always pay the few more dollars for second day, if not it takes FOREVER!!
Old 02-18-04, 01:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The best solution instead of paying a "few dollars more" for 2nd day is to join the Team performance. Costs $20, but you get free 2nd-day shipping upgrades plus a 10% "rebate" on everything purchased.

As for ordering on Sunday and it not being here yet: Monday was a holiday, duh. not sure why they said it would ship. They have until the end of the day tiday to get it to you and they will. Haven't failed me yet!

PS On the Team Performance thing, I paid $20 in July, have saved $40 w/ the 10% back and have received 15 packages w/ 2nd day shipping for the regular shipping price, not to mention 2 "members only" sales where I saved an additional $15. It's worth it if you order a lot. They'll also match Nashbar's prices if it's the same item... The Team P savings are on top of coupons (when they have them, which seems rare)
Old 02-18-04, 01:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Performance shipped my an order via USPS. It took several weeks to arrive and and not tracking number was available. When I questioned cusomer service about this they tried to make me feel that I was the one who was in the wrong. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!
Old 02-18-04, 01:37 PM

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Performance have always shipped anything I've ordered same day or next day. Everything I've had shipped from them appears to have come directly from them - never noticed any mention of 'Donnelly'. Standard delivery has varied from 3 days to 3 weeks - the same has been true for most online retailers I've used when I've selected USPS shipping, so I now make the choice and upgrade to a better shipping option. I understand that USPS don't offer tracking on standard packages - you, the consumer, needs to pay more to get this and you are given the choices.

I did as CarlJStoneham did and bought a team performance membership, so now get 2 day shipping and a 10% credit on any orders or in-store purchases.

Performance offers many shipping options to help lower the overall cost for the price-conscious consumer. If you want it there faster, choose a UPS or FedEx option.
Old 02-18-04, 02:02 PM
DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I had a bad experience with Performance mail-order a couple of years ago too... everything from the shipping to the order-botching.

I wrote them a complaint letter in order to vent... In all fairness, they did try and make amends a few weeks after I sent the letter but by that time it was already "a day late and a dollar short".
Old 02-18-04, 02:44 PM
Work hard, Play hard

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarlJStoneham
As for ordering on Sunday and it not being here yet: Monday was a holiday, duh. not sure why they said it would ship. They have until the end of the day tiday to get it to you and they will. Haven't failed me yet!

of course! silly me

Maybe the guy who e-mailed me wasn't thinking straight, its all good unless I don't get my stuff
Old 02-18-04, 03:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boosted,
Unless they sent it Priority or better, they can not get a tracking number through USPS. Try going to the PO and getting a tracking number for anything shipped regular mail. You can't. You will also notice that the website and catalog say "up to 10 days" for regular shipping. This equates to about 2 weeks. Sounds to me like you ARE the one in the wrong. Read before ordering and you'll be less likely to be upset in the future.
Old 02-18-04, 04:44 PM
Ric
Strada, GTT2s, Hotmover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered a bell helmet on Sept. 28th they said it was shipped on the 29th on Oct 9th I still did not have my helmet, so I reordered another by 2-day shipping and recieved that one on time,it was sent by UPS. The other helmet came two days later and I had to pay for the shipping back to Performance. It was shipped third party by Donnelly shipping,and had their label all over the package. The Post Master at the Post Office said it sat in there warehouse four or five days before they recieved the package.
Old 02-18-04, 05:02 PM
Center of the Universe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ric
I ordered a bell helmet on Sept. 28th they said it was shipped on the 29th on Oct 9th I still did not have my helmet, so I reordered another by 2-day shipping and recieved that one on time,it was sent by UPS. The other helmet came two days later and I had to pay for the shipping back to Performance. It was shipped third party by Donnelly shipping,and had their label all over the package. The Post Master at the Post Office said it sat in there warehouse four or five days before they recieved the package.
Call me cynical here but I think that maybe we have a disgruntled ex employee. Some problems here are first YOU pick the service type not them. I have packages sent to me all the time from performance and NEVER have they said Donnelly shipping on it. All the packages have come in the standard delivery times. Since I am a shipping person the other thing I know is no Postal person is going to know how long packages sit at a company before shipping likewise with UPS. And last how would a postal employee in Mt Dora Fl know the shipping habits of a company in Chapel Hill NC ? To many inconstancies for me to believe anything more on this mater.
Old 02-18-04, 05:02 PM
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
FEDEX to OK in 3 days. Just got a package today. They may not have the best web site but they do have good customer service. They've been around for a jillion years so I always check them first when I need something. Their prices can often be beat though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.