Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from TORONTO-CANADA?

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-03, 07:04 PM
Gil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone from TORONTO who love cycling and want to make new friends?
Old 10-14-03, 10:34 AM
bici accumulatori

Bikes: 1985 Nishiki International Touring Bike, 1992 Vitus 979 road bike, 1996 Bianchi Premio road bike, 2002 Thin Blue LIne CO2 mountain bike, 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa touring bike, 1964 CCM roadster, 1959 CCM Motorbike, 2002 KHS FXT mtb + more to fix!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sure there is, they're just don't seem to be in the mood to reply. Try this link to the Toronto Bicycle Network - They have plenty of planned rides and a message board as well.
Old 10-14-03, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
They also might not be around.

Try World IRC- drop him an email (found when you click on the profile button). He's in Toronto, but I know he hasn't been around much. Still, if you drop him a message, he'll reply.

Koffee

Old 10-14-03, 11:48 AM
It's not about the engine

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix '03, Scott CR1 Team Issue '06

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just moved to Toronto 6 weeks ago to start a masters at U of T. Always looking for new friends. Where do ya live? Send me a pm.
Old 10-14-03, 08:06 PM
Stultus sum.

Bikes: Giant TCR 0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't live in Canada... but I will say this about Canada.

I've been there only 2 times, but I immediately fell in love with it! Everything just makes sense over there...the metric system, the size of food servings, the weather, the landscape.. Someday I will move to either Vancouver or Toronto and commute to work.
Old 12-03-03, 11:29 PM

Bikes: Kona Kikapu & Cannondale r400

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont live in Toronto but in Mississauga which is pretty close. I do however bike along the waterfront from the humber river to the beaches and back twice at least once a week...well in the warmer weather when its not covered in snow.
Old 12-04-03, 10:20 PM
-RiDe On-

Bikes: 1 Supercycle Hoolagan ...(i need a new bike as you can see)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey....I am near toronto....a few minutes north in Newmarket....very cool.
Old 12-19-03, 11:50 AM
Canadian eh?

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay_2004
Hey....I am near toronto....a few minutes north in Newmarket....very cool.
I never knew that 45km north of Toronto was only a few minutes

I live in Richmond Hill, which is LITERALLY a few minutes from Toronto, unlike Newmarket

Kof, I am still alive girl. I just been busy with my education
Old 04-21-04, 01:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil
I be from Burlington, close to Toronto, and wish you luck.
I'm lookin' for ride buddy also from Oakville or Burlington and so far no go.
I lived in the big smoke for like 10 years and i miss it tho the riding is 'way better out in the 905 area.
Old 04-21-04, 01:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asinus
I don't live in Canada... but I will say this about Canada.

I've been there only 2 times, but I immediately fell in love with it! Everything just makes sense over there...the metric system, the size of food servings, the weather, the landscape.. Someday I will move to either Vancouver or Toronto and commute to work.
It IS a great country and the cities you mentioned are just a very small part of it. I gather you like urban areas. Toronto is wonderfull but you gotta deal with a nasty winter.
Vancouver is also wonderfull but, while it's very temperate, it rains a whole lot.
Old 04-21-04, 07:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pitchman
the riding is 'way better out in the 905 area.

i agree...mind you i still like the waterfront trail from humber bay to the beaches...
its nice to be so close to nothing...it also sucks though because getting around is a pain
Old 05-24-04, 08:29 PM

Bikes: GT Avalanche 3.0 Pkg.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Toronto!!! And really bored!
Old 05-24-04, 11:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCNC
Toronto!!! And really bored!
awsome another person from the GTA...im from mississauga
Old 05-25-04, 10:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm West Central. I've mostly been using my biek to get tot work and back sadly. But its made to do other things, so I try to get out and mess aroud nthe city and try my hand at weirdo paths I encounter, which since riding alone can be frirghtening for a yougn girl of my size. I'm trying to find out where I can go, where I won't feel too freaked out and also won't feel weird being new to the bike scene. I've heard about the Don and a few places like that. Iahve no idea how to even get there to be honest. What do you know about High Park?
Old 05-25-04, 12:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm West Central. I've mostly been using my biek to get tot work and back sadly. But its made to do other things, so I try to get out and mess aroud nthe city and try my hand at weirdo paths I encounter, which since riding alone can be frirghtening for a yougn girl of my size. I'm trying to find out where I can go, where I won't feel too freaked out and also won't feel weird being new to the bike scene. I've heard about the Don and a few places like that. Iahve no idea how to even get there to be honest. What do you know about High Park?
are you into road or mountain? if you are looking for some nice paved paths which are safe go to the waterfront trail (basically just follows along the lake). i havent had a chance to check out the trail at the don but ive heard they are pretty good. check out this link for the map of all the bike trails in TO. https://www.toronto.ca/cycling/cyclingmap_2003.htm
i hope this helps you. another thing is if you really dont like riding by yourself then maybe try joining a club or maybe there are some people at your school/university/work that bike.
Old 05-27-04, 03:37 PM
riding a Pinarello Prince

Bikes: Pinarello, Prince and an FP5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil
this is the first time I have come across this thread, well partly because i dont peek at this "Big Rides and riding Partners" I am presently in Downtown Toronto, I used a road bike and if you want you can join us on our weekend ride, it start at the Corner of Laird and Eglinton, at the Canadian Bagel Donut shop, the group leaves the site at exatcly 9:00 a.m. and we go north on Baywiew, so if your interested this club is a very losely knit bike club no membership fees, just simple love of cycling gets the group going.
this group is very competitive, so if you want to have some professional expirience , then ride with us on Saturday or sunday, you are most welcome.
Old 05-27-04, 08:54 PM
Banned.

Bikes: specialized allez pro, giant tcr composite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you want to do the Donut ride mentioned above, The one leaving from Laird and Eglinton, better be ready to ride. I have done it a few times and have always found it to be a challenging ride. No nonsense, not a lot of talk just a great fast group ride.

Also, the mid-week criteriums at the Hershey Centre, (Mondays novice and Wednesdays advanced) are good Toronto rides.
Old 05-27-04, 09:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ewitz
Also, the mid-week criteriums at the Hershey Centre, (Mondays novice and Wednesdays advanced) are good Toronto rides.
do you know what the avg speed is for the monday races? im planning on trying one of these out either this monday or the next but havent had a chance to go there and find out.
oh and if anybody is looking for more info on these races: www.midweekclub.com
Old 05-27-04, 10:07 PM
l337 HaxX0r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Burlington here. I'd like to find somebody(s) to ride with but I'm very out of shape still so I don't want to slow anyone down. The escarpment out here has some great trails and I'm not that far from Guelph which has some decent trails as well.

I tried riding with the LBS(New World) group ride a couple years ago and it killed me. I was so slow comparitively it was embarrassing.
Old 05-29-04, 08:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IONS: I hear you on this one. To be honest, I didn't really think of this when I've conidered joining a club. What this Hershey thing about, wheres this held? I live in between to hershey factories I wonder if these are near me?
Also, I'm really slwo and toally new to biking, I'm still having issue keeping my balance sometimes. (not that bad but you should see me near pedestrians, I'm like a magnet so I have to stay away! which is why I hate the lakeshore bike path!)
Old 05-29-04, 01:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IONS: I hear you on this one. To be honest, I didn't really think of this when I've conidered joining a club. What this Hershey thing about, wheres this held? I live in between to hershey factories I wonder if these are near me?
Also, I'm really slwo and toally new to biking, I'm still having issue keeping my balance sometimes. (not that bad but you should see me near pedestrians, I'm like a magnet so I have to stay away! which is why I hate the lakeshore bike path!)
yeah i just had my first club ride today. it was pretty fast for me and i got dropped but this guy came back and helped me out and stayed with the for the ride. its really good motivation to ride.
the Hershey Centre is a skating rink in Mississauga. they use the parking lot and set up a crit course. but you have to be a member of a uci affiliated club to race.
as for the balance issue...just stick with it and keep on riding and it will come. also look ahead of you 20 or 30 feet and not down at your wheel.
Old 05-29-04, 08:32 PM
riding a Pinarello Prince

Bikes: Pinarello, Prince and an FP5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
do you ride with the Brampton Bike Club, I hear that they are also very competitive, was not able to ride with the donut ride coz, I am working, today, but will definitely ride with them tomorrow, May 30, 2004.
Old 05-30-04, 08:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orguasch
do you ride with the Brampton Bike Club, I hear that they are also very competitive, was not able to ride with the donut ride coz, I am working, today, but will definitely ride with them tomorrow, May 30, 2004.
I ride with the Mississauga Bike Club. the weekends rides arent really fast (im just slow) and thier weekday rides are more competitive.
if you really want motivation to ride i would suggest joining a club. but make sure you check out the club before hand as some of them arent as good as others.
Old 05-31-04, 07:28 PM
l337 HaxX0r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope no one felt I was slighting the New World group ride - they all seemed like nice guys when we met up. A few minutes later I never saw them again but one guy did hang back a bit and made sure I was alright. I was pushing way too hard too keep up. What really made me feel bad was that I was potentially ruining this guy's ride with him stopping to make sure I hadn't died or anything. If I go riding with someone the last thing I want to worry about is being a burden. That for me is outweighing the benefits of a group ride. If I can convince one of my lazy friends to get out that'd be a start.

I used to race my car in the Hershey Centre parking lot: https://www.thefairground.com/Images/VW/autox1.jpg I didn't know they did any biking events there as well.
Old 05-31-04, 08:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ions
I used to race my car in the Hershey Centre parking lot: https://www.thefairground.com/Images/VW/autox1.jpg I didn't know they did any biking events there as well.
yeah they have biking too. ive seen time where they have had outdoor rollerblading aswell. i guess they are trying to get the most use out of the parking lot during the summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.