Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-08, 06:14 PM

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings

28. Male. Vancouver, Canada. Long time listener, first time caller.

I don't have a driver's license, so cycling has always been a normal mode of transportation for me. Dabbled in cross-country, worked a brief stint as a bike messenger, and have recently picked up recreational road riding. I've been out of the saddle for the last several months after an accident in June '07 left me with two fractured vertebrae (C5 and C7, stable fractures). Entirely my fault, took a corner I didn't too fast and was surprised by the angle of the road. Went a little too wide, and took a header into a ditch.

With this warm weather in Vancouver I'm starting to thinking about getting back to my two-wheeled mode of transportation and dreaming up some touring trips.

Current bike is a Fuji Roubaix Pro road bike, but I'm shopping around for a commuter/touring option.

Looking forward to picking the brains of some of the regulars here, and hopefully contribute to the discussions!

~mark
Old 02-25-08, 07:00 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome to BF. Great taht you are healing fast.
I enjoy my ride, a 83 Nishiki Sport Road Bike.

Old 02-25-08, 08:04 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hi fiend, you should enjoy looking into the Living Car Free forum. There's another B.C. resident who is also car free up there (newspaperguy). It's nice to hear that you've healed up and are looking forward to getting back on a bike .

Welcome to BF!

East Hill