Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Just did my first tear down/build up

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-08, 08:17 PM
anything but last

Bikes: Cannondale caad9 full duraace`, trek soho singlespeed...cross bike coming soon.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

so i just started working at a bike shop and i got a flat on my soho today, so i took it in to fix the flat and ended up taking the entire thing apart and cleaning it up and stuff.
It was so freaking sweet to tear the entire bike down clean it and put it together like new. the only trouble was getting the bottom bracket off, sob.... they must have really torqued that thing up in taiwan
just thought i would share my success because i was pretty proud :-D
Old 02-27-08, 09:07 PM
Pwnerer

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Congrats!
Old 02-28-08, 10:41 PM

Bikes: Trek 1000, two mtbs and working on a fixie for commuting.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rOOster14
so i just started working at a bike shop and i got a flat on my soho today, so i took it in to fix the flat and ended up taking the entire thing apart and cleaning it up and stuff.
It was so freaking sweet to tear the entire bike down clean it and put it together like new. the only trouble was getting the bottom bracket off, sob.... they must have really torqued that thing up in taiwan
just thought i would share my success because i was pretty proud :-D
It always feels good to do that. Every time you feel like your bike is getting old and bleh, do this and you'll like it again. Also, I have the feeling that cheaper bikes/parts that aren't put together in LBSs don't grease threads and headset cups and such. Or they use a very very small amount.