Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Louis Garneau vs. 2XU

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Louis Garneau vs. 2XU

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Louis Garneau vs. 2XU

Hmmm, decisions decisions... Could not make up my mind on tri shorts so I bought both, but one's going back (arghhh my budget!). I've only owned Sugoi, and to be honest, they fell apart in one season. Any experience with these other 2 brands?

From what I can tell,

2008 2XU comp - shorter, more like a swimsuit material, may repel water better? Snazzy look. Claims to be something like 400% more resistant to chlorine breakdown than the general tri short.

2008 LG tri power - MUCH longer (almost to the knee), feels thicker, and much more compression on the legs, may not repel water as well? Hmm, feels good, but the length almost looks goofy on me.

Same price for either, so at this point cost is not a factor - looking for performance

So what advice do you veterans have for someone just entering season 2? Better to be fast than look fast, otherwise I would keep the 2XU without question and move on, but is there anything to the LG hype that their added coverage and increased muscle compression can help reduce muscle fatigue by 10-20%? That won't be a big deal in next week's Sprint, but for the upcoming 1/2 IM...
Old 03-05-08, 09:23 PM

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo S3, Fuji SL1, Felt TK2, Cervelo P2C

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have the 07 version of 2xu and i love them... feel, feel and look great... they dry pretty fast too which i like.
i don't swim with them much in the pool.. that's what my tyr swimsuit is for.
Old 03-05-08, 09:38 PM

+1 on the TYR swimsuit, I've used a pair of Jammers for over a year now, plenty of use and no real signs of wear. Thanks for the input, that's one solid vote for the 2XU, anyone care to step on behalf of our pal Louis?
Old 03-07-08, 09:35 PM

Going once, going twice??? No fans of LG out there. Guess it's time to let this one die then...