Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

2 bike ads, comparison... which is a better choice?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Old 03-08-08, 06:12 AM
new newbie

Bikes: Cannondale F400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/550217913.html

Originally Posted by 2006 stumpjumper FSR
New high-end tune up at Bikesource done on 1/31/08
**Price dropped from 2000.00*** Blue 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Full Suspension- Large (19 inch). Over a thousand dollars in upgrades. There are lots of upgrades with High class components. Fox Float front shock with 5 inches of travel. 2.4mm Panaracer front tire. XTR rear derailluer. Top class XTR Dual control shifters with hydraulic disk brakes with 8 inch front rotor (6 inch rear rotor). spd clipless padels, new chain. New Front 2.4mm Panaracer fire XC tire. Bike maybe has a total of 2 - 3 hundred miles on it and there are a several scratches throughout the bike. Mechanically sound. Great all around downhill/all mountain/cross country bike. Will incude spare XT dual control shifters in sale. Large fits 5.9 to 6.1 riders. Other than drive train and shifters all other parts are factory.

Visit specialized.com for detailed specs about the rest of the bike.

Price if Firm. Cash only. Locals preferred.
OR...
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/595910595.html

Originally Posted by 2007 enduro
This is a fun bike that needs a new home. It is a large, you can see geometry charts at specialized.com. The suspension has worked great and has not needed any servicing. The crank, rear hub and cassette have been up graded. Call or email if you have any questions, Phil, 303-325-1984. Componets-
Specialized E150SL fork
Specialized AFR shock with Spike Valve
Shimano XT crank 175mm
WTB Lazer Disc Lite rear hub
Shimano XT cassette 11-34
Sram X-9 rear der., X-7 shifters
Avid Juicy 5 brakes 200mm front and 185mm rear rotor
DT X430 rims
Specialized post, saddle, and bar

I know the enduro is the ''all mountain'' bike of choice according to specialized's website, I'm just looking for a major upgrade from my Cannondale F400 to a full suspension bike I can ride singletrack here in CO.
Old 03-08-08, 10:58 AM
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dunno - one is XC and one is more AM [if you care about such categorizations]. I'm an XC guy, so I lean heavily toward the Stump. If the bike is in good shape, in particular the frame [check those pivots], it may be worth throwing a leg over to see if you like the ride. Take a look at what else is out there new for $1500 to see if you're getting your money's worth. Also check ebay to see what a similarly equipped bike is going for.
Old 03-09-08, 07:20 AM
new newbie

Bikes: Cannondale F400

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pinkrobe
I dunno - one is XC and one is more AM [if you care about such categorizations]. I'm an XC guy, so I lean heavily toward the Stump. If the bike is in good shape, in particular the frame [check those pivots], it may be worth throwing a leg over to see if you like the ride. Take a look at what else is out there new for $1500 to see if you're getting your money's worth. Also check ebay to see what a similarly equipped bike is going for.
thanks for taking the time to reply... Are the distinctions actually that important? The reason I didn't just pull the trigger on the stumpy was that I was told by someone it's questionable to use as an AM bike...
Old 03-09-08, 08:10 AM
BFG
Just say no to brakes.

Bikes: All the TGMBG mums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thats laughable, the Stumpy is a rather versatile bike, well, for the distinction of XC/AM in Australia it is anyway. It's a great allrounder.

Either way, the Enduro leans slightly towards the freeriding aspect of the spectrum, from all accounts. Ive never ridden one, but i shant imagine it fun to push around as an XC bike with the odd rougher trail thrown in.