Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from thawed out SW Ohio

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 05:04 PM

Bikes: 2003 Raleigh Competition, 1988 Univega Viva Sport, 1984 Raleigh Super Course, 1976 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1992 Mongoose 2.0 SX MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all. I have been riding for 41 years but I am new to this forum. I have no questions but have many answers and I hope that my experience will be an asset to this forum. So, it is off to the mechanical section to see what confusion I can sow.

Last edited by kdelong; 03-12-08 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-08, 07:42 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hi kdelong, I can tell you are off to a flying start here . But hey, what kind of riding do you do, and what bikes have you got?

Welcome to BF!

East Hill

Old 03-13-08, 10:35 AM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from another SW Ohio member.

It's great to know spring is just around the corner and we can get back to more outdoor riding.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 03-17-08, 02:00 PM

Bikes: 2003 Raleigh Competition, 1988 Univega Viva Sport, 1984 Raleigh Super Course, 1976 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1992 Mongoose 2.0 SX MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
More Info!

Hello East Hill. I'm pretty much a dedicated roadie and/or paved trail rider, but I do occasionally dust off my old Mongoose for a MTB ride. I only ride recreationally as I don't have the time to train for racing. I rode in local races for three years in the 1980's. I was in the Navy, on shore duty in Norfolk, and had plenty of time to train. I only own five bikes. I have a 2003 Raleigh Competition racing bike (my primary ride), a 1984 Raleigh Super Course which was my racing bike in Virginia (it rarely gets ridden and pretty much gets a rebuild after each time I ride it, it's my baby), a 1988 Univega Viva Sport that I built up with a complete Shimano 600 Group, and a 1979 Raleigh Grand Prix that I salvaged out of a junk pile (it was involved in an accident that slightly wrinkled the down tube. It is really a handful to ride but also quite fun at the same time. It is currently completely disassembled an I am hoping to order some new decals for it. I found a source but they are closed until April). My old Mongoose is a 1994 2.0 SX. It is a hardtail, not very exciting but it gets me where I want to go. I have to do a lot of touching up the finish as I loaned it to my nephew and he returned it a little worse for wear.

How about you and your riding? Have you been a BF Member long?
Old 03-17-08, 02:07 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spring is here! (well, almost)

Hi Beverly. I'm looking forward to more warm days. Hey, I love the Montgomery Bike Trail System and the connections to the Little Miami Trail System. I prefer the trails unless I am way out in the country with little traffic. I am a little too cautious when I ride with trucks and cars.

Where do you ride? Do you ride with a club? I am pretty much a solo rider right now but I would like to join a group before the summer is over.
Old 03-17-08, 02:22 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kdelong
Hello East Hill. I'm pretty much a dedicated roadie and/or paved trail rider, but I do occasionally dust off my old Mongoose for a MTB ride. I only ride recreationally as I don't have the time to train for racing. I rode in local races for three years in the 1980's. I was in the Navy, on shore duty in Norfolk, and had plenty of time to train. I only own five bikes. I have a 2003 Raleigh Competition racing bike (my primary ride), a 1984 Raleigh Super Course which was my racing bike in Virginia (it rarely gets ridden and pretty much gets a rebuild after each time I ride it, it's my baby), a 1988 Univega Viva Sport that I built up with a complete Shimano 600 Group, and a 1979 Raleigh Grand Prix that I salvaged out of a junk pile (it was involved in an accident that slightly wrinkled the down tube. It is really a handful to ride but also quite fun at the same time. It is currently completely disassembled an I am hoping to order some new decals for it. I found a source but they are closed until April). My old Mongoose is a 1994 2.0 SX. It is a hardtail, not very exciting but it gets me where I want to go. I have to do a lot of touching up the finish as I loaned it to my nephew and he returned it a little worse for wear.

How about you and your riding? Have you been a BF Member long?
Oh, another C & V fan! Been a member since 2005, but was lurking and reading for almost a year prior to taking the plunge .

What do I ride? Well, if you go to the link for the VBLF in my signature, you can see most of my rides .

East Hill