Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fook the Bicycling mag.

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Fook the Bicycling mag.

Old 10-31-03, 12:15 PM
Advertise here!

Bikes: 2002 Allez A1xx SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fook the Bicycling mag.

I’ve got a problem with the magazines actually getting to my mailbox. My subscription is for both, “Bicycling” and “Mountain Bike”. Second month in a row for some reason I am not getting “Mountain Bike” I have reported missing issue last month and got a reply that it was sent out to me again. 3 weeks later to my surprise, I’ve got it, but it was another issue of “Bicycling” . Crap……what a dumb a$$es! I have decided not to call anymore and decided to let this one go. So here comes the month of November, I walk to my mailbox and discover the December issue of “Bicycling” magazine without a trace of “Mountain Bike”, again?!. I call up and get the answer:
Her: Oh sorry we don’t know what the problem is .
Me: What do you mean? You can see that the same thing happened last month and you still don’t know what the problem is. I have paid the subscription for both and want to get the service you have promised.
Her: I understand but we don’t handle issues with “mountain bike” here, you will have to call them and report it.
Me: Why? I have called last moth and apparently you did handle the issues for both MB and Bicycling. (Keep in mind that “Mountain Bike” magazine have merged with “Bicycling”)
Her: I don’t know, you going to have to call them.
Me: Fine, can I have the phone number?
Her: Sorry but at the moment we don’t have the phone number.

I’m not going to continue this dialogue, as it was a bit ugly. I’m outraged about the way they handle the calls and customer issues. Does any one else on the forums subscribe to these magz? You have any problems with them? If I’m not going to get the Mountain Bike issue by the end of the month, I will definitely not renew my subscription. Not to mention there are plenty more magazines out there that are worthy of reading.
Old 10-31-03, 04:56 PM
Are we having fun yet?

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix, Trek 7200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know from experience that your problem just might be your letter carrier. Go to your post office and fill out a complaint form. On the form, indicate the magazines that do not regularly come. The post office can track magazines.

--Prosody, who has the country's worst letter carrier.
Old 10-31-03, 05:23 PM
Gravity Is Yer Friend

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Kona Bear, Bianchi 928 Carbon/Chorus, C'Dale Rize4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get both mags and they come together in a single, plastic and sealed bag.
may be some one is snagging your MTB mag. Is your address on the Bike mag? Our address is on the bag the mags come in.

Old 10-31-03, 05:25 PM
Career Cyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do the magizines look read when you receive them?

Is your mailperson a cyclist?
2003 Iceman Challenge - 2:34:55 - 897 / 2,000*
2002 Iceman Challenge - 2:39:23 - 1093 / 2,186
2000 Iceman Challenge - 2:49:18 - 1516 / 2,153
*estimated
Old 10-31-03, 10:47 PM
Advertise here!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I receive both magz they are in the bag but for the past 2 months the address was printed on the magazine itself so I know that it's not the mail service. Who ever is mailing them out is messing everything up. I have filed a complaint via their web site. Should get a reply in 1-2 days.
Old 10-31-03, 11:10 PM
Super Biker

Bikes: 2014 Curtlo, 2006 Serotta Coeur d’Acier, 2005 Independent Fabrication Steel Delux, 2003 Surly 1x1, 2003 Surly Cross Check, 1986 Schwin Worldsport SS commuter, 1980's Mongoose Supergoose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmm, I get Bicycling through the LAB, but have never received Mtn Bike. What's up with that? Oh well, neither mag is that good anyway; I prefer Dirt Rag Mag
Old 11-01-03, 11:51 AM
Advertise here!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The thing that is up with that is when I signed up for Mountain bike I began to receive both, because like they said Mountain bike is not published separately anymore and since I signed up for MTB I will receive it with Bicycling.