Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Roller Dave says 'HI'

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Roller Dave says 'HI'

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 02:50 PM

Bikes: Got a pile of scrap, a specialized Rockhopper, a few BMX, a Fuji folder, and God knows what else 'cuz I can't remember.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roller Dave says 'HI'

Hi Bikefolk!

I'm Dave, and I'm a roller by virtue of the wheelchair beneath my rather large fanny, but once my recumbent trike arrives, I'll be rolling in a much more useful style.

My bike interests run towards recumbents, home building, alt bike art, and losing some of this weight so I can get myself into something low and fast.

I live with my girlfriend and daughter on the side of a bluff just barely inside St Paul, MN; so places to ride are literally everywhere. However my driveway is 150ft of rather steep hill so I'll have to load the bike on my truck to go riding anyways, I might as well drive a bit further to ride where I want. Most likely by the river near downtown.

This summer will be the first of a long string of summers I hope, and is the culmination of a lot of hard work getting to the point that riding even such a heavy duty trike as the one I ordered is even possible. However I know that even so, it is just the start of the work I have to do to retake my life, health, and freedom.

So, glad to be here and looking forward to the road ahead!

RD
Old 03-27-08, 02:57 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hi RD, that sounds like a challenge getting in and out of your driveway, but it's obvious you are determined to get out and enjoy yourself .

Did you say AltBike art? Let's see some!

Welcome to BF!

East Hill

Old 03-27-08, 03:12 PM

Bikes: Got a pile of scrap, a specialized Rockhopper, a few BMX, a Fuji folder, and God knows what else 'cuz I can't remember.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it's an interest, but I don't have anything to show quite yet. Oh but I will...
(rubs hands together and cackles...)

I have all the tooling, the pile of parts, and the desire to make any number of Frankenbikes.

RD
Old 03-27-08, 03:15 PM
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rollerdavem
Well, it's an interest, but I don't have anything to show quite yet. Oh but I will...
(rubs hands together and cackles...)

I have all the tooling, the pile of parts, and the desire to make any number of Frankenbikes.

RD
I saw your posts in the C/A forum--it does sound as if you could stay busy for a while with your stash!

East Hill