Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Reactiv Jacket

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Reactiv Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-08, 06:08 PM

Bikes: ~1982 Bianchi Sport, ~1984 Nishiki MTB frankenbike, 1986 Kuwahara Shasta, 1996 Marin Bear Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reactiv Jacket

Just saw this on BBC news:https://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7340963.stm

A design student named Michael Chen won a design award for his Reactiv jacket, which comes with LEDs and accelerometers. The LEDs go from green under acceleration, to red when you are braking. Orange LEDs light up in the arms when you lift your arm to signal a turn.

I can't wait until this is in production.
Old 04-14-08, 11:39 AM
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The green lights are goofy. Why do I need to let anyone behind me know I'm accelerating? And I don't want a green light anywhere on me or my bike. As for the brake lights;will car drivers recognise these for what they are? Having them get brighter when braking(like they do on cars) would prolly be a better idea. I'd rather be able to manually activate the turn signals.

Nah,I don't see this catching on. Design execution needs work,plus I'd at least wait awhile to see if the early adopters have any probs with the lights.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X