Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Free trip to VA Creeper Trail June 7th.

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 10:56 AM

Bikes: 2 LeMond road bikes and a Cannondale MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If anybody is interested in taking a trip to the Virginia Creeper Trail, June 7th. Here's more info:
MEET AT PACELINE BICYCLES WINSTON-SALEM, NC
VIRGINIA CREEPER ROUND UP: S Virginia Creeper Trail Veterans, Officer Bob Callender and Chad Milburn will lead a group ride from Damasscus VA, up the Va Creeper. If you've never ridden the Creeper, then you're missing out. It is one of the most beautiful trails around. It is very smooth and relatively flat the whole way. Even for the seasoned roadies, this will not be a ride anyone will want to miss. The trail is perfect for a MTB bike, a comfort/hybrid, or a cyclocross bike. The ride will be around 34 miles total. The Paceline Van will be going up for the ride. The van can hold up to 12 bikes and 12 people, so sign up quick to catch a ride, otherwise you'll have to follow the van.
Come by the shop for sign ups and more info!

Let me know if anybody might be interested in joining us on the trip. It should be a lot of fun.
Old 04-16-08, 03:44 PM

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Comp, Custom Steel Sport Touring, Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Can't make that trip but I will be out that way in June. I had heard the trail was for MTBs only but the way you describe it I would do fine on my Specialized Tricross. Is the trail more like the C&O than a mountain bike trail?
Old 04-17-08, 09:11 AM
pjgonwa

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sign me and my wife up. We'd love to ride up in the van however, we have a tandem. It wont be a problem to follow the van in our own vehicle.

What time are we meeting up at Paceline?

Phil Gonwa (pjgonwa@msn.com)
Joanne Gonwa (jag0929@msn.com)
Old 04-17-08, 09:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you live in Statesville, you could meet our group up there. We should be arriving in Damascus VA about 9:30 in the morning. (I'll give a more exact location soon). We will be in a 15 passenger white van with Paceline Bicycles decals on the side. We will leave the shop at 7:30 that morning. I'd hate to see you backtrack all the way to Statesville from Winston-Salem the way gas prices are.
Old 04-17-08, 02:43 PM
pjgonwa

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds good...anybody from Statesville going, I'll have room for 2 additional riders. Just drop me an email and we'll link up.l
Old 06-06-08, 09:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We still plan on doing the ride tomorrow. My LBS sold their van so we are car pooling it. Should be about 5-7 of us. We plan on parking in Damascus and riding up to Abingdon VA and back. ETA will be around 9:30-9:45 in Damascus. I will be driving a silver Honda Civic with 3 mountain bikes on the roof rack. Hope to see some of you BF members out there!