Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

My partner RIP

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

My partner RIP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 12:11 PM
Left OZ now in Malaysia

Location: Lancashire England, but at the moment on an extended tour of South East Asia

Bikes: Thorn Ravan Catlayst, Bill Nickson tourer, Bill Nickson Time Trial, Claud Butler Cape Wrath, Motobecame Tandem etc etc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My partner RIP

After many years of sharing tours to all parts of the world, being there for me, being trusted to hold my passport and wallet. Letting me rest my head on him when I was weary.

Giving me drinks when I was thirsty.

It started months ago, little signs that things weren't right.
But we kept on, as you do, little niggles are not to worried about when on the road for months, make and mend, carry on.

Today, sadly, it was too much and the end came.

On the floor of a bike shop in Kuala Lumpur, what a way to go out.

Yes, my Camelback finally had too many things wrong to carry on. All the zips had gone, I had lost the Big Bite somewhere in Thailand and simply used the lock..

It didn't take long before he was jetsam and kicked into the edge, like a dirty rag.

I managed to find a new Hydration Bag, but it won't be the same. everything had a place and everything was in its place in the MULE. Now to break in a new bag. It feels strange and I think it will for a long long time.

george
Old 04-29-08, 12:22 PM
HOV
Large Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My condolences. Perhaps you can find peace in making a little scrapbook?

(Don't keep the carcass around, that's sick.)
Old 04-29-08, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
thats a tough one george ,but what a life it had never a dull moment make sure you give it a good send off