Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Burley trailer owners

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Burley trailer owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 12:45 PM
Hi. I'm in Delaware.

Bikes: 2017 All City Space Horse, 2015 Jamis Dragonslayer, 2016 Velo Orange Pass Hunter Disc, 1991 Tommasini Competizione, 2018 Soma Wolverine fixed gear, 1996 Diamondback Outlook w/Crust Clydesdale, 1999 Torelli Corsa Strada (Coaster Brake Conversion ;] )

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Burley trailer owners

Hey all, I'm interested in buying a replacement hitch from Burley to replace the not so nice hitch on my child trailer (don't worry I only use it for groceries so if something fails the only thing hurt will be my ego) but Burley would not send me the dimensions of their hitch to see if it would fit where the one goes on my trailer, due to liability issues I suppose.

So I was wondering if someone could measure the dimensions of the hitch. In the picture I put little lines on the dimensions I need.

thanks!
Old 05-05-08, 08:27 PM

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Width is 1 1/8"

Height is 7/8" from inside to inside

Height is 1 1/4" from outside to outside.
Old 05-05-08, 09:32 PM

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What child trailer do you have?

Im asking because I have the Burly Flatbed and the hitch you have pictured, and I am thinking of getting a child trailer. I wont really use it that often, so I was thinking of going with a more economical trailer(not made by Burley), but I would like to use the same hitch.

It seams to me that most trailers have the same general design. with a section of square metal tubing connecting to the bike. The picture is of the replacement "flex Connector" from burley's site.https://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm It seams that with one of these you could make any trailer connect to the Burley hitch...

Let us know how it works out for you....
Q

Last edited by Quinn8it; 05-05-08 at 10:46 PM.