Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

First time trial.. and on my commuter recumbent

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-08, 11:54 AM
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I test rode the route last weekend and came in at 47 minutes. While I'm sure alot of you wouldnt' consider this hilly it is a challenge for the area. Well at least it was for me.

Got there a little early and did a little road cleaning. Due to riding on a major road we have to ride in the shoulder which they had cleaned nicely but there was some recent debris. Few dozen pieces of big gravel, lens off a rear car light and a squishied fox which I really need to remember not to use my cycling shoes to kick off the road. When your feet are right in front of you the whole ride animal goo isnt' a pleasent smell

Only three recumbents showed out of a possible six or seven that had mentioned they might go but as the first registered one I knew I was first it just meant less people to pass me. I didn't start off so well and almost went off the road since it was my first official held up start and I'm still a little wobbly on a bent. All I did was pedal, breath and shift for the next 40 minutes but I think I got in under 40 minutes for the 12.3 mile course. It was alot of motivation to keep pushing everytime I looked in my mirrors and either saw or thought I saw one of the other recumbents gaining on me.

Edit: There were about half a dozen juniors, a dozen 1,2,3 a few dozen 4,5 and seven or eight women on road bikes all with super aero rigs there so it was a decent turnout.

Last edited by evblazer; 05-10-08 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-10-08, 12:10 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
That sounds like great fun.

You GO man!