Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

FX is in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 11:48 AM
2008 Prouty

Bikes: 2007 Trek 7.5 FX 2007 Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FX is in the shop

Getting fenders (guarantee for a dry summer here), haven't decided what to do for mudflaps yet.

A straight bar w / aerobars. I think I mentioned that the 5 degree crowbars that come standard on the 7.5FX will not accomodate aerobars, at least none that my LBS carries. They all attach right at the bend.

A seatpost rack, probably only be used for a rainjacket.

A handlebar bag, not sure how that'll fit, for munchies and camera.

Yes, I promise, pics will come, I'll have it back by the weekend; in the meantime work and the 4300.

Thank You! -eric
Old 05-13-08, 01:57 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Aero bars that attach at the end? Whatta ya mean? All the aerobars I've seen attach at the center of the handlebars. You sure you're not talking about barends?

If they are barends, just loosen the hardware, slied the gips and stuff to toward the center far enough to accomodate the bar ends. You mave have to cut out the end of the grip in order to slide.

You sure you talking about aerobars? I don't understand straight bars with aerobars. I've met riders that use straight cause of back problems, then install aerobars which are far more torturous on the back than drops.
Old 05-13-08, 02:07 PM
2008 Prouty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope, I have barends on. The Aerobars have a very narrow attachment point near the stem. This is where the Aerobars attach.

As a side note, Beanz, your quads are overly impressive!!! Makes my mountains seem like rises.

Thank You! -eric
Old 05-13-08, 02:20 PM

Bikes: riders:Schwinn Continental ('80), Specialized Crossroads Sport ('07), Schwinn Super Sport (73), Schwinn Superior (76), Projects: Schwinn Sprint ('74), Trek 800 & Schwinn Continental ('71)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Aero bars that attach at the end? Whatta ya mean? All the aerobars I've seen attach at the center of the handlebars. You sure you're not talking about barends?
The Trek 7.5 FX has a slight rise in the bar, "Handlebars Bontrager Crowbar Sport, 25mm rise", does not appear to be much center room for much mounting space for even a computer.

Enjoy.

Regarding the seat post rack and rain coat storage, make certain wrapped real well. Have seen more than one ride spoiled, and expensive repairs result because a sleeve or tie string worked loose and found way into spokes, and gear cassette.

I prefer a frame mount rack and roomy bag to avoid something coming loose. Cost offset on first repair as pointed out by friend who experienced coat tucked under cords found in gears. Cost of coat, and several spokes, and downtime for repairs.
Old 05-13-08, 02:37 PM
2008 Prouty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=bab2000;6688077]The Trek 7.5 FX has a slight rise in the bar, "Handlebars Bontrager Crowbar Sport, 25mm rise", does not appear to be much center room for much mounting space for even a computer.

It sure doesn't. I have the computer mounted on the stem.

Thank You! -eric
Old 05-13-08, 02:37 PM
Banned.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
D'oh! Silly me! I read 'attach at the barend'. Actually says 'attaches at the bend'. OK, so I'm dylslexic!
Old 05-13-08, 02:39 PM
Banned.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhaleOil
As a side note, Beanz, your quads are overly impressive!!! Makes my mountains seem like rises.
Quads?.........You checkin' out my legs again?
Old 05-13-08, 03:06 PM
2008 Prouty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ohhhhhh Baby!!!!!!!

Thank You! -eric