Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Madison, Wisconsin - Bicyclist hit by car near UW campus

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-08, 04:17 PM

Bikes: Surly LHT; Surly Ogre; Sekai 1970s classic; Old Trek Hard-tail Mountain Bike; Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look at the astonishing comments that anti-bike people have made on this forum for a Madison, Wisconsin news article. Can you believe this is Madison?

https://www.madison.com/tct/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47144

My posting is there. I attended high school in the 1970s near where this accident took place. I pointed out in my posting that you can do your own investigation of the accident scene using Google Earth and Street View through Google Maps to see the accident for yourself from the perspective of either the bicyclist or the driver. The accident took place in a quiet residential neighborhood where the Governor of Wisconsin himself grew up, a block away from a school, early in the afternoon when school children could be out. The driver actually admitted to driving faster than the speed limit.

If you are from Madison, or know Madison, please show some support for the bicyclist.

Howard