Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Fuji special tourer -- know anything about it?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-08, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all,

I've been trying to buy a decent used bike to replace my old, crappy ship anchor, but I can't commit to anything before doing some research... And I'm looking at a Fuji special tourer from the late '80s. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much information on this model, please help? Like what it's made of, how much it weighs, what it's good for, etc.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-08, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by leerish
Hello all,

I've been trying to buy a decent used bike to replace my old, crappy ship anchor, but I can't commit to anything before doing some research... And I'm looking at a Fuji special tourer from the late '80s. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much information on this model, please help? Like what it's made of, how much it weighs, what it's good for, etc.

Thanks.
I inquired about one once, got a reply, and lost interest. I don't remember why, but I vaguely recall that it's hi-ten, which (if it is) would be why I lost interest.

In the 70's, Fuji had a "Special Road Racer," and "Special Tourer." My guess is the Special Tourer was their sport tourer (and a hi-ten sport tourer, at that), rather than a loaded touring bike.

EDIT: Now, upon re-reading your question (sorry, I originally didn't quote it when I replied), I'd like to make two additional points. First, I see that you want to avoid a "ship anchor." If the Special Tourer is indeed hi-ten, it will also be a ship anchor. Second, I question whether Fuji made a "Special Tourer" in the late 80s. It's an early 70s model. I could be wrong-- it's possible they resurrected the name for a later, better model, but you should make sure it is what the seller says it is. If you can provide a description of the components, and best of all, pics, it will give us a better idea of what you're looking at.