Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Tadpole Frame?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Tadpole Frame?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 03:06 PM
Commuter?

Bikes: 2006 Jamis Aurora (Rory), Rocky Mountain Whistler 10 Frankenbike (Saffron), various other frames/parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tadpole Frame?

I've been hooked on tadpole trikes ever since seeing one in Richards' Ultimate Bike Book back when I was in high school. Always wanted to assemble one of my own since I can't find one with just the right components. Anyone know where I can buy a new or lightly used tadpole frame? I don't really care about what type of material though I'm kind of partial to steel. Thanks!

edit: I'd also consider plans for a tadpole frame since I just remembered that my father-in-law is a welder and we could build it together.

Last edited by travlersdepot; 06-24-08 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Just thought of something!
Old 06-24-08, 07:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.greenspeed.com.au/plans.html
Old 07-01-08, 06:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by travlersdepot
I've been hooked on tadpole trikes ever since seeing one in Richards' Ultimate Bike Book back when I was in high school. Always wanted to assemble one of my own since I can't find one with just the right components. Anyone know where I can buy a new or lightly used tadpole frame? I don't really care about what type of material though I'm kind of partial to steel. Thanks!

edit: I'd also consider plans for a tadpole frame since I just remembered that my father-in-law is a welder and we could build it together.
You can buy an ICE frameset.

Chip
recumbenttrikestore.com