Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Seneca Park Rochester NY

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Seneca Park Rochester NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Seneca Park Rochester NY

Does anyone know if a bike trail runs from the park to Pattonwood Dr? There's seems to be a hard packed dirt trail on the west of the park heading north.
Old 06-25-08, 01:57 AM
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,090 Times in 638 Posts
There's the pedestrian bridge that links the park to the trail. I don't know if there's another one. It would seem easy enough to ride the trail and see if there's a branch that goes down to the park.
Old 07-09-08, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Well, got around to checking out what is what. To keep it simple, I started at the river and worked up to the park. Check map https://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=226993

For the most part, the path is pretty much a goat trail within the old R.R. right of way up until the finish point. Large gravel, roots, hard packed dirt and grass. Mountain Bike path for sure, but I did it with 400c on my hybrid, so it not to bad. No Tour de France speeds

At the finish point you will find a fence with a partially chain closed gate, enough room to get the bike through. This path is wide hard packed dirt, small stones and runs to the road at the North end of Trout Pond at Seneca Park. Nice nature run, ran into a doe on the goat path.

If you skip the the goat path and take Seneca Park Ave at the chained gate to St. Joseph St. You'll find a long fairly steep grade that runs most of the length of Van Voorhis Ave to Thomas Ave. A killer for my wife at this point, so the goat path is great. heheheheh