Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Florida - Withlacoochee State Bike Trail - Questions

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 06:38 PM
Look! My Spine!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wanna take a day or 2 to drive from Orlando and do this trail back to back. Problem is, my wife and kids can't do the distance and they will get bored just waiting for me. So I need to find a nice town with some activities for my family to do while I ride.

I had a similar trip planned to Clearwater. I could go, get a room, leave family at the beach and go ride the Pinellas trail. But wife says that watching 2 children at the beach by herself is a no no and I agree.

So, what town is a good choice to 'park the family' while riding the Withlacoochee?
Old 07-04-08, 07:27 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
The trail runs past/thru a very nice small town type park in downtown Inverness. Not Disney World but there are stores and food and perhaps they can make their own entertainment.
Click on this --> https://www.inverness-fl.gov/ and then click on Recreation & Leisure for more details about the parks.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 07-04-08, 02:03 PM

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
There are a bunch of springs in that area that they can go visit, but make sure you check to see if the heavy rain we have been getting has not made them dirty. Usually takes a day or two to clear them out. With as hot as it has been, the 72 deg water is wonderful.