Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Fork Mount Options for Truck

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-08, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going to be building a bike rack in the back of a truck. I've got basically two options for fork mounts, Thule 821 or Delta Pro Hitch 2. The Delta can be locked, but realistically I'm going to need a cable lock anyway to keep someone from just lifting the 2x4 out of the truck. The only other nice thing about the lock would be that it would keep the skewer from accidentally opening.

Does anyone have experience with these fork mounts that can provide some opinion on their quality or ease of use?
Old 07-05-08, 10:15 AM
one less horse

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rkrossi
The only other nice thing about the lock would be that it would keep the skewer from accidentally opening.
Not a realistic concern IMO.

Originally Posted by rkrossi
Does anyone have experience with these fork mounts that can provide some opinion on their quality or ease of use?
If ease of use is a concern, there are other options that are better (i.e. don't require removal of wheel).
Old 07-05-08, 11:15 AM
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am in the process of building a hitch mount rack. I picked up a cargo rack from Harbor Freight for 40 bucks and I have some square tubing lying around. I'll put up some pics when I get it done.