Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Whats the Most or the Least that you........

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 09:22 PM
flashbunny.org

Bikes: RoadMaster Fury

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would pay for a new or used bike?

Me? Wally World has all that I need for now. Maybe upgrade to a better bike in a year or two.
Old 01-15-04, 09:52 PM
The Red Lantern

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Free is, of course, the low end. The most ever for a bike probably came to about $1500 for frame and parts (But I get stuff wholesale so tack about $800-$1000 for retail pricing.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.
Old 01-16-04, 12:40 AM
Footballus vita est

Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Like Rev Chuck, I wouldn't say no to a free ride if the frame wasn't cracked anywhere. It would be nice to build a single-speed out of. If I were going to go new, it'd be at least $800 so I get something significantly ahead of what I ride right now. What I'm planning to do, though, is wait until I finish college and buy a really nice bike, but I probably won't talk myself into spending much more than $2000. It's a lot of money for me but I've drooled over bikes still more costly. The Intense VPP and the Turner 5-Spot will have to be content to sit in the LBS window.
Old 01-16-04, 08:45 AM

Bikes: 2012 Trek Madone 6.2

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Under $3000 for my next bike.It had better last for a few years as i hope to be retired by then.
Old 01-16-04, 09:47 AM
Vello Kombi, baby

Bikes: 1973 Eisentraut; 1970s Richard Sachs; 1978 Alfio Bonnano; 1967 Peugeot PX10

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I dunno. I'm looking at dropping some cash on a bike, and I thought the 400-600 bucks I was planning to spend sounded a little rich, but I may have to do it, because it's pretty. . I bought the Surly frame for 300 bucks, so that's the most I think I've spent.

I've gotten them free, but I've rebuilt and given most of the free ones away. Most of the bikes I buy are in the 35$ range. If I really want one, I'll go up to about 200$.

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!
Old 01-16-04, 10:06 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So far the most I have spent is about $300 on my Specialized Hardrock. Looking to spend $500-$750 on a road bike in the next couple months. When I am out of college and have a real job I will probably get something a bit nicer.
Old 01-16-04, 10:17 AM

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd pay up to about $2500 if I could spare the change. Anything more than that is hard for me to justify for the amount I ride. To date, the most I've actually spent on a single bike is $1000.

No lower limit, but with qualifiers. I'd only ever buy a good quality bike, so new probably a low limit of $300. Quality used bikes can be had for much less e.g. $25 at garage/estate sales.
Old 01-16-04, 10:29 AM

Bikes: 2012 Trek Madone 6.2

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poguemahone
I dunno. I'm looking at dropping some cash on a bike, and I thought the 400-600 bucks I was planning to spend sounded a little rich, but I may have to do it, because it's pretty. . I bought the Surly frame for 300 bucks, so that's the most I think I've spent.

I've gotten them free, but I've rebuilt and given most of the free ones away. Most of the bikes I buy are in the 35$ range. If I really want one, I'll go up to about 200$.
Where did you find all those bikes for free?